All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Hello! I updated the DOF and lost the lights functionality in PINBALLX

VPA35BKSOR

Please tell me which is the correct direction to export and I will send it to you.
There is a lot about the DOF... tell me where I do the EXPORT from... and I will send it to you
I'm a little terrified of manipulating the registry hahaha

Please export the 2 following keys as a reg file (2 reg files is fine as well)

• HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\CLSID\{A23BFDBC-9A8A-46C0-8672-60F23D54FFB6}
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\WOW6432Node\CLSID\{A23BFDBC-9A8A-46C0-8672-60F23D54FFB6}\

I will check tomorrow and hope to give you a file that will fix it

Strange part is, You have 2 versions in your registry pointing to C:\DirectOutput\

3.1.7776.42174 and 3.1.8440.34790
My 64 bit is 3.1.8440.34790 and 32 bit is 3.1.7776.42174

Anyway, lets try this.

1) Run the following reg file (and confirm to install)
VPA35BKSOR_fix.reg

2) Go to your 32bit directory (C:\\DirectOutput) and run RegisterDirectOutputComObject.exe
     DO NOT RUN THE 64BIT INSTALLER !
3) Check your plugin, if it got a version number and pointing to the correct 32 bit path
image.thumb.png.26b51cbcbe6c244aca65d16156d05e0b.png

Still not correct ?

1) Run the regfile again
2) open registry editor
3) Search for

{A23BFDBC-9A8A-46C0-8672-60F23D54FFB6}

The value should only be twice in the following keys :

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DirectOutput.ComObject\CLSID
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\DirectOutput.ComObject\CLSID

4) If found in any other key, please export the key, and serach furhter until you reach end of the file.
    Please report all the Reg Files that you found

I hope we will get closer to your working DOF

• Like 1

THANKS MY FRIEND!!
tonight I try it 

You have done everything because it works for me..
THANK YOU!
I hope it works now... and I don't have any more problems...
(I have seen that you have it in a folder called pinball, I still don't think that is the problem)
I will do the STEP BY STEP that you told me... if it works, WE CLOSE THE POST!!!

THANK YOU! AGAIN

Indeed, I have a folder named "c:\pinball" which serves as a junction point to my "d:\" partition. All software related to pinball, including Steam, is stored within this folder. I regularly perform a system state backup of my "c:\" partition and a separate file backup of my "d:\" drive.

From a DOF perspective, the location of the folder should not impact its functionality.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 10:17 AM, Mike_da_Spike said:

Indeed, I have a folder named "c:\pinball" which serves as a junction point to my "d:\" partition. All software related to pinball, including Steam, is stored within this folder. I regularly perform a system state backup of my "c:\" partition and a separate file backup of my "d:\" drive.

From a DOF perspective, the location of the folder should not impact its functionality.

My Friend, 
Complicated days, today I will surely try your solution.. thank you!!!
DO NOT FORGET

8 hours ago, VPA35BKSOR said:

@Mike_da_Spike 

Hi Mike..
Well, run everything as is... and it still doesn't work, now I found this root that's too much...
there I upload the 3 places where the seHKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.reglocalmachine.regHKEY_USERS.regarch is

Áre the keys you send after the registartion of the 32bit application ? and are these only found ?
Because this looks like only the object is there only not associated with any DLL (so ready to go for 32 bit)

• Confused 1

yes yes friend, I run the registry in admin mode... and I have all the A23s that happened to you... strange. The truth is that it surprises me.

now the plugin is well managed and running at  32 according to pinballx, but it doesn't workimage.thumb.jpeg.a1fb1a8f10cbdacc840c16c11f2043f9.jpeg

If it doesn't work, we start all over with posting the new leggings. 

So the pinballx log.txt and the plugin log from the plugin folder. 

This is the point we wanted to start woth (did yiu reboot as well ?)

Yes. Thanks.

Pinballx log shows that it cannot initilaize. And the pluging log showsit cannot find the comobject. This is odd as you register the 32 bit and the p,ugin shows a version. But still looks like the 32 bit isnt reregistered

and well mike, can you think of anything else??? 
Otherwise it will stay like this until a 64-bit comes out or I format and restart everything from scratch hahahaha

Of course, if something occurs to you, I'll do it and if not, thank you a million for everything.

I apologize, but I cannot think of anything at the moment. The plugin utilizes the COM object, and the PinballX plugin manager is employing the plugin which is currently using the COM object. However, starting it through PinballX is failing for some unknown reason.

There seems to be a persistent issue with the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of DOF on your system. Yet, a search of the registry reveals no references, which is peculiar.

I would like to assist you, but I am unable to do so right now. I am not certain if starting from scratch will be beneficial.