All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PBXRecorder not capturing DMD on 3rd screen

rtkiii

I have another post about PBX settings for this new 3rd screen but I am also having issues getting PBXRecorder to record the 3rd screen.  I ran through the screenres utility and moved the DMD to the 3rd screen and that all looks fine.  Changed my settings for PBXrecorder as well but still only only doing my other 2 monitors.  

Any assistance would be great...thanks!

2024-02-25 13_24_51-Pinball.png

PBXrecorder.ini

From the log it looks like the DMD screen is not set up in screenres.txt(?)

Screenres.txt

Values used for media capture (height/width forced to even values)
VirtualScreenWidth = 2646
TotalScreenWidth   = 1366  
PF_width           = 1366          
PF_height          = 768         
BG_width           = 1280          
BG_height          = 1024         
DMD_width          = 0      
DMD_height         = 0        
DMD_X_offset       = 0            
DMD_Y_offset       = 0    

Have you installed and updated the B2S in a new folder? (later B2S versions allow this, but Pbxrecorder uses the copy in the visual pinball\tables folder)

see https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19589&p=179173 for what sort of values you'd expect to see in a screenres.txt file with a DMD screen

• Like 1

ok I had not ran the b2sdetector since I added the new LCD.  I did that and it added the new monitor screenres is updated.  But PBXRecorder still not getting DMD...  :( 

screenres.PNG

PBXrecorder.ini

Ah, I uploaded .ini instead...dang.  Here you go.  I see where it sees the DMD stuff now...not sure if that offset at the bottom is causing the issue but I see the DMD playing during the recording.  Still updating BG and playfield in my Media/VPX folders.  No file being added to DMD Video...

PBXrecorder.log

Hmm.. not sure what's happening there, looks like it tries to capture the original video but either fails or doesn't convert it;

PBXrecorder set to record complete media set
FYI (FTP not enabled): No Wheel Image - 24.png
Launching table: VPinballX.exe -play C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\Tables\VPX\24 (Stern 2009)_Bigus(MOD)2.0.vpx
Video and screenshot capture (18:26:38)
Recording "C:\PBXRecorder_x64\playfield.mkv"
Recording "C:\PBXRecorder_x64\bg.mkv"
Recording "C:\PBXRecorder_x64\dmd.mkv"
Convert Videos to f4v if video was captured (18:27:25)
Converting to "C:\PinballX\Media\VPX\Table Videos\24.f4v"
Converting to "C:\PinballX\Media\VPX\Backglass Videos\24.f4v"
Table done (18:28:08)

Can you open cmd prompt and try to run the command used by pbx recorder to see if that errors;

"C:\PBXRecorder_x64\FFMpeg\bin\ffmpeg" -y -t 35 -rtbufsize 1500M -f gdigrab -framerate 30 -offset_x 1362 -offset_y 1024 -video_size 1280x412 -i desktop -vcodec libx264 -preset ultrafast  -qp 0 -threads 8 "C:\PBXRecorder_x64\dmd.mkv"

Might also be worth trying V1.9 of pbx recorder as well, maybe it's something that got fixed - https://forums.gameex.com/forums/topic/28516-pbx-recorder-captures-playfield-backglass-and-dmd-videos-and-images/?do=findComment&comment=195930

I was adding a new table this morning and noticed it recorded the DMD this time.  Maybe I needed to do a reboot after the changes I made last night?  But just tested 24 and it recorded now as well.  So I am good to go.  Thanks for the information on doing the setup again...I honestly thought when I was doing that in PBXRecorder it was updating the screenres as well..my mistake

PBXrecorder set to record complete media set
FYI (FTP not enabled): No Wheel Image - 24.png
Launching table: VPinballX.exe -play C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\Tables\VPX\24 (Stern 2009)_Bigus(MOD)2.0.vpx
Video and screenshot capture (09:10:54)
Recording "C:\PBXRecorder_x64\playfield.mkv"
Recording "C:\PBXRecorder_x64\bg.mkv"
Recording "C:\PBXRecorder_x64\dmd.mkv"
Convert Videos to f4v if video was captured (09:12:13)
Converting to "C:\PinballX\Media\VPX\Table Videos\24.f4v"
Converting to "C:\PinballX\Media\VPX\Backglass Videos\24.f4v"
Converting to "C:\PinballX\Media\VPX\DMD Videos\24.f4v"
Table done (09:13:00)

• Like 1

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] PBXRecorder not capturing DMD on 3rd screen