All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Here are a few animated Backglasses for PinballFX

Having completed a PinballFX install/config on my  Pinball X cabinet, it looks like no animated backglasses are available for "FX only" games (from what I searched).  I decided to create a few animated wallpapers and share them.  There are also table videos as well.

Wild West Rampage (why was this one done? - read below)
Curse of the Mummy
Grimm Tales
My Little Pony
Pinball Noir
Sky Pirates
Star Wars Pinball - Classic Collectibles
Star Wars Pinball - The Mandalorian
Twilight Zone

I know many of you guys are way better at this than me, or want to do your own animations or backglasses, so I'm including all Photoshop and video assets on google drive.  The directory structures are the same: main directory are production files ready to be used or altered; the Image Files directory will be any png files and the main photoshop file.

• There are 2 versions of backglass videos and images: one with, and one without, my recreated PinballFX logo. For the videos, use handbrake to encode anything you create using the MPEG-4 or h.264 video encoder (Handbrake > Video tab > Video Encoder > MPEG-4 or H.264). Why....??

• I'm not really a fan of the "pencil style" official Pinball FX logo.  I created my own modified version, more in the spirit of the FX3 logo.  I left the logo OFF the final images and video because these days it's easy-enough to add one yourself.  For example, if you like the official PBFx logo, the quick is: place a non-logo video in a video editor, add a transparent png of the official logo on top of the video, move and resize the logo, then render. 

• My cabinet backless is 1920x1200.  My table is 1920x1080.

• The only real noteworthy change is to Wild West Rampage.  Over time there are varying inconsistencies and qualities with the backglass image and video.  I decided to recreate it from scratch.  The gunslinger and badge are now isolated layers (in Photoshop).  This means you can move the gunslinger anywhere you would like and still see the entire saloon.  The town has been recreated by hand and some AI elements were added (mountains behind water tower, saloon doors, new sky).

• I enhanced the "Grimm Tales" text in the backglass image for Grimm Tales.

• For Twilight Zone I wanted to keep the real backglass for the game play and not use the newer stylized version for PBFx.  This is why there is no stylized gameplay backless provided in the google drive link.

For those of you that like these additions, what's the future?  No promises.  The only videos I MAY be making will be for tables that are exclusively for PinballFX, and ones I actually purchase that are not FX3 duplicates that already I own (e.g. Back to the Future).  The exception was Wild West Rampage.  Having said that, I like consistency and a similar look-and-feel to things.  There are some FX3 videos/backglasses that I want to re-do on my cab, or find an updated version (e.g. on FX3, my Moon Knight video has the FX2 logo on it - there's either an FX3 version, or not!)

Enjoy, and if the videos need to be copied to a download section or an FTP directory - please feel free to copy, move, distribute, and crosspost to wherever makes the most sense!  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bY0Mvyef_XF_t-BqQSuEjn4cKnOJzRV1?usp=sharing

• Thanks 3

Great work! I like that you included variations and provided image files!

I downloaded, extracted, and created /-PinballX-/Media/burno_sardine - Animated Backglass/Pinball FX on the forum FTP site.

Going forward, if you decide to add more content, please feel free to use the FTP site for posterity in the event you should have to clean up your Google Drive site.