All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Spacegoogie

Hello,

I've been using PinBallX for some time and wouldn't go any other way. I am a bit confused as to some of the folders in PinBallX.

For example, the loading folders. I'm using Visual Pinball 10.7.2 as my only emulator. I put a few loading png's into C:\PinballX\Media\Loading Images,

as the images do load it seems they load randomly even with the same file names. Their other media files load so I know I have the names right lol. I guess my question is can you have a loading screen for each table? If so how is this done? Is there some documentation on folders and subfolders in PinballX?

Thanks for any info or help,

Spacegoogie

55 minutes ago, Spacegoogie said:

Is there some documentation on folders and subfolders in PinballX?

Yes there is !

During the install of pinballx, a pdf is also added that is a complete manual that will explain all settings of pinballx. and also the folders.

A Plugin from scutters will also de-randomize the loading images/videos

the pbx documentation can also be downloaded from the download section.

PinballX Database Manager will also check if you have the plugin installed and let you import images and videos in the interface.

There are also some programs that would create loading videos based on your table video

hope this answers your question

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Yes there is !

During the install of pinballx, a pdf is also added that is a complete manual that will explain all settings of pinballx. and also the folders.

A Plugin from scutters will also de-randomize the loading images/videos

the pbx documentation can also be downloaded from the download section.

PinballX Database Manager will also check if you have the plugin installed and let you import images and videos in the interface.

There are also some programs that would create loading videos based on your table video

hope this answers your question

Thank you! I will get rocking on this.

• Thanks 1

The plugin Mike mentions is here if you haven't found it - https://forums.gameex.com/forums/topic/23127-plugin-pinballx-loading-video-image-changer-de-randomiser-v2/#comment-189447

That can be used for loading images and loading videos (or a combination of both), but if all you want is a loading image by table (that is an image from the playfield video) then you can save drive space and let pinballx grab the image for you at table launch if 'use playfield images' is selected in settings;

image.png

(the plugin if you use it can then be used to display custom animations (gifs) on top of that playfield image by table in this mode).

Hopefully the first post in the plugin link will give you all the information you need on all the options available.

• Like 2