All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Default PINBALLX shows in PinDMD

I have a 2 display plus PinDMD cabinet setup.   I recently installed Freezy DMD and Flex DMD upgrades and have several colorized ROM enabled.  When PinballX is running,  most of the time the PINBALLX text default is showing on the PINDMD.  A few tables have the games DMD showing on the game PinMD instead of the PinballX default.

I am confused as to what DLLs need to be in the PinballX directory in order to prioritize showing game DMD images while going through the  PINBALLX menu.    I have searched various forums and some say I need to rename PinDMD.dll so it is no used and I need to copy DmdDevice,dll and DmdDEvice.ini to the PinballX directory also.

What about FlexDMD.dll and FlexUDMD.dll?

Can someone please clarify what I need to do to enable game DMD images/text to show on PinDMD while in PinballX.

All games launch and work fine but  I would like to understand why some tables'  DMD show on PinDMD during table selection while others just show default PINBALLX screen.

The PinballX logo video is just a default if PinballX can't find dmd media for a game. I suspect your setup is working ok if some dmd videos are playing (unless you're using pinmame in Pinballx - attach your ini to tell us that) and that the issue may just be you don't have dmd videos or images for all tables - do you have files in the Pinballx\media\visual pinball\real dmd ***   folders for tables that show the PinballX logo?

From the ini file it looks like you're not using pinmame in PinballX - so PinballX should be using the media files where found (and the default video if none is found).

You have file matching disabled so only media with a file name exactly matching either the table name or table description will be used / found by PinballX. Compare those first when you get a chance.

That makes sense.  That brings up some questions.  How do you make DMD files?  I have no idea how they got there.  Secondly,  what is the benefit of using pinMame in PinballX.

Please forgive the questions - I am just trying to learn.  

I am really happy with my overall setup with 139 working tables.  Just trying to clean things up a little.

Pinme can show the actually rom of the table . But that wont cover all the tables. I made a tool that will create (real) dmd videos, based on wheel, year and company. 

For me that will show every table in the same way.easy setup and will always do the missing dmd videos.

You can downlosd it from the download section