All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX loses all my settings on my PinCab

InKaTech

Hi Pinball- Freaks. Yesterday my PinballX loses all the settings I made in weeks of configuration:wacko: Before I handled TPA, VPX, Zaccaria and FX3 without any problems. I don't have any idea, how this "reset" could happen. Is there anybody, who had the same problem like me? Are there any entrys in the windows-registry for the config or is all written into the pinballx.ini? Looking for a smart way to get my nearly "perfect" config back. Maybe a windows update crashes my settings? Thanks, if anybody has a good idea for me.

By the way, excuse my bad english. I love PinballX and I use it at my "PinCade", which is a combination with an big arcade part, and when flipping the playfield up, for the above mentioned Pinballsystems. It was a project for nearly two years and it's now running about a half year without any faults. I'm so sad, to loose my config without any cause. Without all those engaged "freaks" in the forums I never get this far with my projekt. So again many thanks to the whole community.

Attach your pinballx\config\pinballx.ini and pinballx\log\log.txt files anyway, but it sounds like the ini file has maybe been corrupted somehow. Can you give it bit more information on settings have been lost?

All config settings are stored in the ini file.

Do you have any backups?

5 hours ago, InKaTech said:

Are there any entrys in the windows-registry for the config or is all written into the pinballx.ini?

Beside the gameex user Id and password, all settings are in your pinballx.ini

Is there anybody, who had the same problem like me?

Never had this with pi ballx, but had in the past on an old harddrive an issue. Every reboot al my changes where reset, and was caused by bad blocks on the harddrive.

Looking for a smart way to get my nearly "perfect" config back.

If you dont have a backup of your config file, there is t a smart way.

Options to create a backup :

• Post your file on this forum if you have an issue or a question
  • Use a backup methode like windows backup, Google drive,One drive or Synology drive
  • Copy periodicly your file to another location

Not the silver bullet, but maybe a lesson learned for the future ?

16 hours ago, scutters said:

Attach your pinballx\config\pinballx.ini and pinballx\log\log.txt files anyway, but it sounds like the ini file has maybe been corrupted somehow. Can you give it bit more information on settings have been lost?

All config settings are stored in the ini file.

Do you have any backups?

Hi Scutters,

thanks for your reply. Almost all settings are lost. Customized Text, all startsettings for the different systems. I actually starting to setup from zero. The whole configuration is lost. Made my last backup 2 month ago; have to look, if PinballX is included. My focus mostly was to backup Visual Pinball with working Tables.:blink: Sure my fault not to backup PinballX.

12 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Beside the gameex user Id and password, all settings are in your pinballx.ini

Never had this with pi ballx, but had in the past on an old harddrive an issue. Every reboot al my changes where reset, and was caused by bad blocks on the harddrive.

If you dont have a backup of your config file, there is t a smart way.

Options to create a backup :

• Post your file on this forum if you have an issue or a question
  • Use a backup methode like windows backup, Google drive,One drive or Synology drive
  • Copy periodicly your file to another location

Not the silver bullet, but maybe a lesson learned for the future ?

Hi Mike, I just noticed a windows update before I noticed the loose of my settings. But I don't think, that this is the reason. All my PinCade- files are on drive H:, a relativ new ssd...

Yes, surely learned for the future...

1 hour ago, InKaTech said:

Hi Mike, I just noticed a windows update before I noticed the loose of my settings. But I don't think, that this is the reason. All my PinCade- files are on drive H:, a relativ new ssd...

Yes, surely learned for the future...

Anything in the eventlog ?