All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

instructions card not working (sfw or png)

davy33

hi everybody, i have latest PX...5.22

i have set button to show IC but nothing happen! i have test both png or swf :(

when i push select menu or pause menu i don't have " instructions" , only "flyer"

somebody can help me please!

(use easy english i'm french and my english is limited lol)

Assuming you've named the instruction cards the same as the flyers, then as the flyers work i guess it's something to do with your config. Are you a desktop user by any chance?, instruction cards appear on my backglass (not sure where they should be for single screen users, if anywhere).

Please attach copies of your pinballx\config\pinballx.ini and pinballx\log\log.txt files so we can check them.

Log file shows this;

14:49:10.11  04/11/2021:  Error initializing flash engine.
14:49:10.11  04/11/2021:  Please try deleting flash.ocx in the installation folder and then reininstall PinballX.
14:49:10.11  04/11/2021:  You may need to change security properties on the file.

Not sure if that would affect png instruction cards showing, but it will be a factor for swf files.

Try deleting flash.ocx and then reinstall PinballX to the same location as it suggests. Let us know if that resolves the problem for png and/or swf cards.

(btw - nice to see the stats plugin for pinballx being used :))

33 minutes ago, scutters said:

Log file shows this;

14:49:10.11  04/11/2021:  Error initializing flash engine.
14:49:10.11  04/11/2021:  Please try deleting flash.ocx in the installation folder and then reininstall PinballX.
14:49:10.11  04/11/2021:  You may need to change security properties on the file.

Not sure if that would affect png instruction cards showing, but it will be a factor for swf files.

Try deleting flash.ocx and then reinstall PinballX to the same location as it suggests. Let us know if that resolves the problem for png and/or swf cards.

(btw - nice to see the stats plugin for pinballx being used :))

haha thx for your work ;) 

i'll try to delete flash.ocx

(if i coud made a suggestion a plugin for volume will be a good idea... something like "credit" as hotkey and magnasave buttons vol+/-

also i've try pinvol but hotkey is on keyboard and ideally i would unplugged keyboard )

42 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Can you please attach another log after crashing haapen ?

sorry after reinstall my log start at 0... but it's seem to be the pinballfx instructions cards (on the ftp) are "corrupted" because i can't play them with any program (vlc or flashplayer)

i resolve the issue by DL the IC in png (in french :D)

so thx to @scutters to resolve my problem!:cheers: and i hope he thinks about my suggestion (volume plugin) :lol:

33 minutes ago, davy33 said:

so thx to @scutters to resolve my problem!:cheers: and i hope he thinks about my suggestion (volume plugin) :lol:

Not sure you want to adjust volume in PinballX or 'in game'..  A plugin could work for in PinballX but not sure how much use that would be, pinvol is generally recommended as the best for in-game already (maybe you could use it with joytokey?).

Me?, I have a griffin powermate mounted vertically below my plunger that works as a volume dial. Don't think they do them anymore, but you might find one (or similar) cheap on ebay that could do the job for you instead.