All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Backup and restore of PinballX 2.21

burno_sardine

Tried a search/faq and not finding what I would like to know.

I’m doing a complete cabinet rebuild.  I’ve had PBX 2.21 / Win7 for YEARS.  I tried the newer 4.80 and ran into a couple of issues and decided I’ll just stick with v2.  I have this older version backed up (the entire pinballx directory and subfolders).  

Can I just copy this v2 backup to a new Win10 environment, or are there scattered DLLs and registry settings to contend with?  I’m unsure if PBX is considered a “standalone install” - meaning it operates entirely out of its own directory.

Thank you!

Back up your pinballx directory,  perform a clean install on the new PC, and copy the backup directories over the fresh install overwriting the existing files.

Copy your current PinballX installation to the new PC and install the latest version of PinballX over the top of the copied files. This will properly register your PinballX installation.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Backup and restore of PinballX 2.21