All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Brave

tthurman

Have you guys tried this browser?  I think you should give it a spin, it's very snappy!

I'm still playing with it, but it looks like a browser built around the modern web with security features like "Brave Shields" and privacy in general in mind along other features I've never seen, i.e.  "Rewards" if you choose to see privacy respecting ads....that kind of stuff.  Things other browsers force upon you or make  you depend on the community for are baked in.  

The default home page gives you a breakdown of what's been going on behind the scenes, which looks a bit similar to a stripped down version of the Pi-Hole web interface.

It's worth a look IMO

https://brave.com/

Kinda cool that privacy tabs open a tor client. I would prefer to be paid cash money, but I understand this approach is a business opportunity for Brave to make a little on the side for themselves. After all, that's the idea of tokins. They have no value outside of your ecosystem, so all the real money is controlled by the owners/partners. In principal, I like the idea that they're essentially making a marketplace for users to bank/spend ad revenue. If I allow ads, I earn tokens that I can spend to support the websites I want, assuming they're "approved." Tip Bob at RetroRGB.com, donate tokens to Wikipedia, send a few Toms way :) The point is, I get a say, instead of websites and ads giants controlling who gets my personal ad revenue.

You do not get my airtime for free anymore! I use HOSTS scripts, ublock origin, ghostery, HTTPS everywhere,  DuckDuckGo.com and its privacy essentials toolbar for a reason. Because I know how valuable my privacy is. If I choose to watch ads, I want something in return. But I would prefer cash, not tokins! Close, but this idea will quickly devolve into a dumpster fire of greed. I'm calling it early! There's too much potential for abuse.

To each his own, I've been using it exclusively now and was just picking it up when I posted this.  Perhaps I'm missing the boat, but I  turned off all that rewards crap, I'm not into the whole crypto scene.  I basically just locked down the browser like I do all my others and use it as just that, a browser.  The TOR feature is worth it alone IMO and the iOS apps have teamed up with a VPN provider.  These are all things that appeal to me and no matter what they are doing at least it doesn't include promoting censorship.  That doesn't appeal to me at all and I'll not support any product that encourages that practice!

Actually you may be right about it being worth it alone for Tor in private browsing. Firefox doesn't do that...jealousy! I'm probably just set in my firefox ways. "you youngsters and you're hi falutin techno gizmos! Why, in my day you had to wind your toys up, not charge them!" You know...that sort of way!

I'm a long time FireFox user, as in since Netscape released the source and Mozilla was founded, if you consider them to be synonymous anyway.  That said, Brave is winning me over, but I'm still learning and adjusting to it.  The Brave shields and TOR features are the highlights for me, but watch for WebRTC leaks if your concerned (VPN).  I'm still on standard and it seems to be working well enough without moving to strict.