All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How i have setup demon's tilt on my cabinet

joyrider3774

Someone requested some help related to setting up demon's tilt so here's how i have it setup on my cabinet:

Pinball X Settings: (i just launch it through steam)
image.thumb.png.879822916250a853518c61eff95202a6.png

image.png.2f9a8e1b38fa3ecaa352b5443e382016.png

Launch after script:

taskkill /IM demonstilt_remap.exe
taskkill /IM dmdext.exe
taskkill /IM Image_Monitor_View.exe
taskkill /IM ffplay.exe
powershell -Command "Start-Process 'irotate.exe' '/2:rotate=0 /exit' -Verb runAs -WorkingDirectory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\iRotate\'"

Launch before script

start demonstilt_remap.exe

powershell -Command "Start-Process 'irotate.exe' '/2:rotate=90 /exit' -Verb runAs -WorkingDirectory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\iRotate\'"

start Image_Monitor_View.exe 0 "C:\PinballX\Media\Demon's Tilt\Backglass Images\demonstilt.png"

start "" "c:\pinballx\ffplay.exe" -left 2360 -top 0 -x 1920 -y 540 -alwaysontop -noborder -loop 0 "C:\PinballX\Media\Demon's Tilt\Topper Videos\DemonsTilt.mp4"

Demonstilt_rempa.ahk / exe autohotkey script (this is specific to my setup but basically i've setup it so that my flipper buttons are remapped to left & right (lshift & right shift) + extra flipper nudge buttons to up / down (RCTRL / LCTRL) and my start button to space, you will need to do the same but with your own buttons

#noenv
LShift::Left
RShift::Right
LCtrl::Up
RCtrl::Down
&::Space

I have also changed the ingame keys setup and enbled TATE mode (ignore resolution screenshot was taken in landscape mode)

image.thumb.png.3c0d05c66f701771d550ea16b15af7d9.png

Some more background info:
You see i tried having the 4 key controls and i mapped the remapped extra flippers from default R/L CTRL to up and down arrow (using autohotkey) and then assigned those to move right / move left (nudging ingame) i did the same for flipper buttons remapped L/R SHIFT to left & right using autohotkey and then assigned them ingame to the flipper buttons. My launch button is remapped to space using autohotkey for launching the ball. Return i did not remap as i have that key mapped by default to my plunger button, Same for ESC my quit button is already ESC.

you can see what i tried todo here having directional keys but unfortunaly it does not work for the menu's so i'm not able to navigate the menu's using my flipper buttons however i am able to select new game etc using just the return button so i always start it like that and you don't actually need any other buttons to start game. (you might have to press right flipper button once to be able to select new game). I also have an elgato streamdeck and i think i could select it through that though but did not really retested it (you probably need buttons assigned to vertical / horizontal UI navigation but unfortunatly demon's tilt does not allow mapping the same key to different actions so play with that if you want menu navigation and have plenty of buttons or an elegato streamdeck to send keys to the game)

As you can also see in the launch before and launch after script i use Irotate to rotate my screen to portrait mode before launching the game (don't forget to enable tate mode once when your screen is running in portrait mode it gets remembered), i start the autohotkey keyboard remapping, display a backglass using image monitor view and i use ffplay.exe from ffmpeg distribution to (re)display my topper video on my 3rd screen. The reason i have to do it like this is because when the screen rotates and you use the topper video from pinballx it is not displayed well (goes black etc and not positioned right) thats way i use ffplay to let the topper video play. The blackglass and topper video is optional the irotate part & remapping keys is not

Thats basically it, nothing special about it just launching steam game and doing some keys setup, the backglass etc for  it is available on ftp /-PinballX-/Other Uploads/Joyrider3774/Demon's Tilt

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This is the best tutorial I have found, but it still crashes my PinballX where I can't escape from a blank screen after waiting a few minutes for anything to happen - I can see the screen rotate, but Demon's Tilt never loads. It loads super fast in the native app, so I know it's not a loading speed issue. 

9 hours ago, Snaptick said:

This is the best tutorial I have found, but it still crashes my PinballX where I can't escape from a blank screen after waiting a few minutes for anything to happen - I can see the screen rotate, but Demon's Tilt never loads. It loads super fast in the native app, so I know it's not a loading speed issue. 

I don't have Demons Tilt on my cab, but can you post your Pinball.log file (log file after you reproduce the issue) and your settings.ini ?

• 1 month later...