All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

88 miles per hour

tthurman

Fan created.  Aside from the close ups of the button pushing, I've seen all the clips from other sources.  Unfortunate.  I could really do with an updated effects sequel.  Notice I said SEQUEL.  I don't want any kind of reboot.  There doesn't need to be a Melissa McCarthy girls-only remake (no offense).  I wouldn't mind a true sequel, even if it was 90% fresh and new with at least some headnod's and cameos from the original cast to set the story going in the right direction.  But no reboots.  I'm sick of Hollywood's lack of ideas. 

Here's an idea... Emmett's kids.  They know of the time travel train.  But something devastating happens.  They forget all about time travel for like a generation.  Doc, Clara, they're all dead.  Doc's invention earns him prestigious awards and essentially sets everybody in the main cast for life.  In comes some grandchild of Doc's.  He's kinda like Flynn's son in Tron; really smart, but not using his talents.  He uncovers some of his grandfather's designs that were locked away somewhere.  He takes them and via some Tony Stark copyright infringing he begins to tinker with the designs and builds a new time machine, but it's missing an important part.  Digging all over he can't figure out what the key missing part is.  Frustrated, he goes to his father (one of Doc's kids) and asks.  He tells him about the devastating event that killed his mother, and sent his brother into some unknown future with the time travel train.  Shocked to learn he has an uncle, he searches for more clues and finds Marty, now an elderly crippled old man (Michael J Fox).  They talk, Marty fills him in on his uncle, then goes through an elaborate underground facility to uncover a buried and forgotten piece of the puzzle; the Flux Capacitor!   It gets installed, then him and Marty go to the future to find his uncle who arrives at the time they believe the train will appear.  Only part of the story was left out; his uncle is only like 10 years old, and Doc is with him!  Things progress as expected (Doc and Marty are reunited, Doc and grandson meet, Doc learns of that the jump to the future with his son on the train caused a backwash rip and killed Clara.)  At this point of the story, it's so far into the future that something like Aliens, or Artificial Intelligence has taken over the planet, and the ability to replace the spent fuel becomes a problem.  The movie is almost over at this point so Doc comes up with some crazy idea to try, it works, and they go back in time to a point before they killed Clara.  Then the movie ends with Marty going back to his present but Doc's grandson stays in the past to help build a defense against whatever plagues the distant future.  The end.

And I swear to God, if something like this happens and I don't get any kind of royalties, I'm gonna be f'ing pissed.  That took more creativity out of me then I've had since Middle School.  :)

Something makes me want to buy this...

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Anniversary-Trilogy-Giftset/dp/B08DC6GXK7

But for $25 bucks less I can get the same discs without the hoverboard.  Is it worth it?

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Ultimate-Trilogy-Blu-ray/dp/B08DG5HVJ6/

I have the 25th Anniversary version already, but would love the 4k goodness.  Seems like Target has a Bluray set (not 4k) with the hoverboard:

https://www.target.com/p/back-to-the-future-trilogy-35th-anniversary-edition-target-exclusive-blu-ray-digital/-/A-80885952

And leave it to Best Buy to come out with a sweet steelbook:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/back-to-the-future-35th-anniversary-steelbook-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray/6423196.p?skuId=6423196

All this info from here:

https://www.backtothefuture.com/news/2020/7/27/back-to-the-future-the-ultimate-trilogy-heads-to-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-and-dvd

Sadly, the 4k versions only come with 2 episodes of the Animated series, but if you go back to an older release you can get Bluray goodness plus all the animated series:

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Complete-Adventures-Blu-ray/dp/B01LAQPGCO

14 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

Sadly, the 4k versions only come with 2 episodes of the Animated series, but if you go back to an older release you can get Bluray goodness plus all the animated series:

That looks like the go to version for completest, with the 4K steelbook being the second pick.....for me anyway.

The hoverboard looks like some cheap magnet gimmick sandwiched between two (soon to be) scratched up pieces of plexiglass.

P.S.  Spielberg reads these forums!

Does he really?!  Nah.. well... maybe?  Nah.. :P

Yeah I think I'm going to wait for the price to come down then just get the 4k box without the hoverboard.  I'm a geek, and would love it for a gift, but it's just a gimmick.  I mean, it's probably only like 2 inches across like those finger toys (forget what they're called at the moment) without wheels.  And it probably sits at the top of the box, where you have to remove it to get to the movies if you want to watch them.  I just don't think it's worth that extra $25 price tag for a gimmicky magnet.

Now, if it came with a full-size board, even magnetized, THAT would be cool.  But I would imagine the only full-size thing they might come out with along with a bluray animated set (another complete version) would be like a can of Pepsi in that new style, or maybe a true re-print of the Grays Sports Almanac with actual legit scores from up to 2015.. that'd be cool.

As for the 4K release, I just checked IMDB and it says the 2020 remaster is a 4K Digital intermediate, which "could" mean they did a proper transfer from the original 35mm Negative. It didn't specify if it was made from the negative or a separation master, but the negative would be better if it hasn't faded. Technically speaking though, 35mm film has enough grain for an 8K release before there's no more information to be gained through digital intermediates. So I wonder why studios aren't looking to the future and just biting the bullet now. 8K is already around the corner, and 35mm stock was the industry standard before digital took over (which is why old movies look better in 4K than newer ones - film contains more information than digital cameras until recently could capture).