All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[GUIDE] How to setup GPU Driver capture (NVIDIA only)

You can use your Geforce Experience driver to capture video's within PBX. This will only work for playfield captures and not for backglasses
This manual will show you how to set it up

Open your Geforce experience 

• Press Alt+Z to bring up the Share overlay and go to Settings :

image.thumb.png.e92c68bc255fe57a5a7b372451abbbd5.png

NOTE: If the Share overlay does not appear it may be turned off. You can turn it on inside GeForce Experience by going to Settings > GENERAL > SHARE and toggling the switch. It will light up green indicating the Share overlay has been turned on.

• In Settings, click on Recordings:

image.thumb.png.b6f6030ba583c130e686a363f0872bee.png

• Set the path where the video’s will be recorded. For example c:\pinball\pinballx\GeforceCapture

image.thumb.png.eead1ffa57ba7ce56ca49fafec21191a.png

• Hit the Back button and hit Done
  • Check under Records what the key is to start a record. By default it is Alt+F9

image.thumb.png.b6c3f4c97f8f4f6f22e00aae3c321602.png

• Close the Share Overlay
  • Open PinballX Setup Wizard and select Video recording in the left pane

5.png

• Select  Use GPU driver capture to Yes
  • Make Sure that the Driver record start/stop key are the same as the hotkey that is defined in the Geforce Experience Share overlay screen
  • Set the Driver save path to the same directory as the Recording path in the Geforce Experience Share overlay screen
  • Save your settings !

Edited by Mike_da_Spike
Replaced Screenshots for English ones (reinstalled own cab and used this reference)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a small note:

If you want to record Future pinball playfield tables, it is possible by enabling GPU capture, but change within GeForce Experience the record option from ALT+F9 to (for example) ALT+F11  ALT-F5
Do the same in PinballX Settings for start and stop recording.

ALT-F9 is a key mapping within Future Pinball that will shows you FPS and some other info. You don't want to record this in your playfield videos :) 
I tried multiple F keys and Alt-F5 looks like not in used by Visual Pinball And Future pinball

Edited by Mike_da_Spike
Changed key to F5
  • Like 1