All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Some wheel image ideas

I went from 3 versions of the wheels. Version one was a small table shot shaped like a trapezoid that was cropped and transparent, they turned out looking like an IPhone in perspective with some layer styles, some looked cool but I could not get many to look right so I scrapped the idea. Second version was a button shaped like a dog-tag or license plate with text for the table - I had too much of a time with choosing fonts and backgrounds based on the themes of the tables, so I scrapped that. Third version is just transparent text with the same font and some layer styles - I just wanted to keep it simple so I stuck with this.

I may try and do the mini table again, some looked kind of cool. A quick question, what is the standard size for a wheel image? In case I try to do some more mini tables I can make a template at the approximate size of the wheel at a resolution in PinballX of 1280x720.

As you can tell I am into tables based in the late 60sm 70s into the the late 80s. I do not really like the tables of the late 80s and on as they are too complicated. If i want complicated I will play a PC RPG or Strategy game.

(1956) Auto Race.png

(1978) Pokerino.png

(1975) Abra Ca Dabra.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobrpggamer said:

I may try and do the mini table again, some looked kind of cool. A quick question, what is the standard size for a wheel image? In case I try to do some more mini tables I can make a template at the approximate size of the wheel at a resolution in PinballX of 1280x720.

I think a lot of the round wheels (aka Tarcisio style) can be 1000*1000 or 500*500, most 500*500. Both look good to me in the wheel on a 4k screen.

Have a look at Rajo Joeys mega link https://mega.nz/folder/IFsxBbCD#04cfuNEJi5hwuYxL6CvQIg, it might give you more ideas (or logos you can use), he has the round style i use, along with some xxx_logo files that might be more to your taste. And don't forget, if you use https://www.gameex.info/forums/files/file/2499-pinballx-database-manager/ instead of game manager you can import any wheels you like directly from mega to pinballx.

1 hour ago, bobrpggamer said:

As you can tell I am into tables based in the late 60sm 70s into the the late 80s. I do not really like the tables of the late 80s and on as they are too complicated.

The absolute reverse of my preferences!! :lol:

2 hours ago, bobrpggamer said:

I went from 3 versions of the wheels. Version one was a small table shot shaped like a trapezoid that was cropped and transparent, they turned out looking like an IPhone in perspective with some layer styles, some looked cool but I could not get many to look right so I scrapped the idea. Second version was a button shaped like a dog-tag or license plate with text for the table - I had too much of a time with choosing fonts and backgrounds based on the themes of the tables, so I scrapped that. Third version is just transparent text with the same font and some layer styles - I just wanted to keep it simple so I stuck with this.

As you can tell I am into tables based in the late 60sm 70s into the the late 80s. I do not really like the tables of the late 80s and on as they are too complicated. If i want complicated I will play a PC RPG or Strategy game.

(1956) Auto Race.png

(1978) Pokerino.png

(1975) Abra Ca Dabra.png

This is great! For image sizing, download one of the Megadocklets from here...

• Like 1

I just did another. 1000x1000, at this size I would not use them myself but I would be willing to make some for other guys if they wanted some. I have a 1080 monitor and I use Future pinball at 720 so this would not work in my case, but on a 4k system they would be nice.

(1979) Pinball Pool.png

Even though the wheel images are larger, PinballX appears to scale them down.

These look great. If you don't mind, could you start a new topic in the PinballX Media Projects forum?

https://www.gameex.info/forums/forum/59-pinballx-media-projects/

Once complete, I will split your sample posts and responses from this thread and merge them into your new topic!

I was working on some wheel images that someone liked in another thread and was instructed to post about them here.

Anyway these are an idea of  small perspective table from future pinball. They are too big for my taste but some guys liked them in another thread and I will be willing to make some custom ones for anyone if you would like a specific table (that I can download from VPforums or send me a screen of your own).

(1979) Pinball Pool.png

Abra Ca Dabra.png