All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Borderlands, The Handsome Collection

tthurman

This pickup yielded me a $10 coupon I applied to Civilization VI, which is 75% off ATM. So I got it for $4.99. That's a steal!

...but Borderlands PS & 2 for free is ridiculous! I'm enjoying the prequel sequel quite a bit! I hadn't paid any attention to Borderlands. I just thought it was a Mad Max style post apocalyptic western FPS set on earth. Turns out it's a Mad Max style post apocalyptic western FPS/RPG set in space! That makes all the difference...lol. It's like Mad Max meets Firefly in the distant future. Actually, I really like the visual style and the game play is addicting. My i7 and GTX970 can handle it maxed out at 1440p, which is great! It stutters sometimes, but the overall better picture is worth the loss in frame rates. Although, I just downloaded the UHD texture update, so I'll find out how far I can push that. It looks great in HDR on my OLED. Sun beams shining through my weapon look sick...if I could look at them with 1000nits peak brightness trying to burn my retinas (actually it's momentarily painful, but quickly my pupils adjust and it's fine. Games are what HDR is meant for)!

I just want to point something out. My wired X-Box 360 controller is recognized and setup automatically, even with the prompts in game switching accordingly (I don't even have a 360...lol). This was my biggest complaint against PC gaming, for a long time. PC games are far more reasonable in price, and with deep discounts like these it's impossible to pass up. I mean, I spent $30 on Chinese take out last night! Basically, if PC games can be consistent about utilizing controls in this way there's no reason to buy a console. NONE! The games savings will pay for hardware upgrades...lol! In the mean time you get better graphics. I've been that console guy for along time, but PC is converting me...dammit!

This was a great pickup for free, thanks for pointing it out man!

• Like 1