All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New Theme WIP Questions

firebrand_X

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its lookin good Firebrand, the only thing i'd change is the home & exit buttons, (they look a bit familiar ;)) .

Anybody have any ideas of where to host the +25Mb file? 'RapidShare.de' maybe?

http://www.filesend.net/ is a good one to use, its free & easy, & there's good download speeds :) I think some people arent able to download from rapidshare.

hmm you sure about Gex being on the Neo-Geo?

3DO sure...but Neo...thats more like "Samurai Shodown"...any ways just some thoughts & questions.

Metal Slug would be where my money lies. ;)

Gex was 3DO :blink:

Goes to show what I know. So does anybody use a 3DO emulator?

amos_82: Yeah I borrowed *cough* those 2 images from the Future Retro theme you made. Awesome theme, by the way. Definately my favorite before I started making my own. But you're right, I need to do something more original ;)

The Sephiroth for PSX is cool, but I think the original mascot for the PSX was Crash Bandicoot... If you wanna be a purest.

The mascot was Crash, but the flagships for the console were FFVII and MGS, IMNSHO :D

Oh yeah: http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=7fa...366aaf6caaa4e22

It's for ONLY 1024x768. I'll make a 800x600 when I do a final.

And I still hate the SMS one...

dude, firebrand i also tried this but came nowhere to as professional looking as you have. KU-DOS brother. i hope you don't mind, but i'd LOVE to use these as my theme when you are done. as for the bottom right corner, i think the system looks fine, but as does nothing. as for the 2600, DEFINITELY jungle hunt guy. DEFINITELY. either that or Title Match Pro Wrestling. good luck finding images, but they are so simple they can probably be drawn in paint. do you plan on making one for more emulators than you have listed? i have 12 total, and would be so grateful to have my set look like that!! also, any thoughts of making a main emu screen, and start page for that matter?

KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK BROSEPH, i wish i had what it takes.

-katuz

....edit....

sorry, totally didn't finish reading the whole thread. i saw those pics and got excited, i definitely grabbed that filesend bundle, and gravely appreciate your willingness to share these gems.

dude, firebrand i also tried this but came nowhere to as professional looking as you have. KU-DOS brother. i hope you don't mind, but i'd LOVE to use these as my theme when you are done. as for the bottom right corner, i think the system looks fine, but as does nothing. as for the 2600, DEFINITELY jungle hunt guy. DEFINITELY. either that or Title Match Pro Wrestling. good luck finding images, but they are so simple they can probably be drawn in paint. do you plan on making one for more emulators than you have listed? i have 12 total, and would be so grateful to have my set look like that!! also, any thoughts of making a main emu screen, and start page for that matter?

KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK BROSEPH, i wish i had what it takes.

-katuz

....edit....

sorry, totally didn't finish reading the whole thread. i saw those pics and got excited, i definitely grabbed that filesend bundle, and gravely appreciate your willingness to share these gems.

Great theme, one question why Scorpion for Mame. Although I'm a fan of the MK series and I like the pictures, I would think something more often used in the arcade would be a better choice. Just my thought

Great theme, one question why Scorpion for Mame. Although I'm a fan of the MK series and I like the pictures, I would think something more often used in the arcade would be a better choice. Just my thought

well you are right MK series was popular in the arcade but alot other arcades was more money machines again its hard to pick one to MAME becouse its again time based or should i said generations of the arcades machines :)

so MK works if you should make everyone happy with MAME i guess you should have 1000 differens chars on the layout :)

anyway great work i can put it on the theme-site if you like but if its not the final version or alot of updates still to come i guess its better to wait

oh another thing i love the Font so i was so lucky firebrand_X sended it to me so i guess i been alittle LAME and used some of his ideas and made my own theme just another background and other chars (the ones i like) all in all small things here and there hehe

but i wont be releasing it becouse it would be kinda ripping firebrand_X nice theme off.....

so please dont PM me anymore about that theme .... its firebrand_X there deserves the credits not me...

well you are right MK series was popular in the arcade but alot other arcades was more money machines again its hard to pick one to MAME becouse its again time based or should i said generations of the arcades machines :)

so MK works if you should make everyone happy with MAME i guess you should have 1000 differens chars on the layout :)

anyway great work i can put it on the theme-site if you like but if its not the final version or alot of updates still to come i guess its better to wait

oh another thing i love the Font so i was so lucky firebrand_X sended it to me so i guess i been alittle LAME and used some of his ideas and made my own theme just another background and other chars (the ones i like) all in all small things here and there hehe

but i wont be releasing it becouse it would be kinda ripping firebrand_X nice theme off.....

so please dont PM me anymore about that theme .... its firebrand_X there deserves the credits not me...

Haha, well I could have done Ryu for MAME (I'm a fan of the arcade fighter; Killer Instinct was what got me into emulation B) ) but that hi-res picture of Scorpion was just too cool to pass up. I just like it better than, say, Pac-Man because, despite which earned more quarters, Scorpion just looked better on the page.

Haha, no I don't want to photoshop 1000 different characters :lol: I'd go insane. But I'm sticking with Scorpion because I can't find a decent B. Orchid picture ;) But later on, i might make that Ryu version. Who knows?

night, thanks for offering to post the theme on your page. I'd be an honor to have the theme more publicized. But that's when I do a 'final' version, until then, it's for 'our eyes only'. ;) Some members like amos_82 have already given me pointers on code snippits, which is a big help.

And thanks again, night, for the credits :D. And I don't mind you 'ripping off' (as you put it) the theme. Maybe you can pump some fresh life into the project :) Let me know what you come up with, I'm curious what your ideas are.

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a nice Hi-res wonder boy scan/pic since I had the same idea (that's the only game I really play on the SMS anyway).

Just not alot of SMS Hi-res art out there for some reason. :(

For the 2600 - Wouldn't a Combat tank or the dude from Pitfall be cool since they were big 2600 games?

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a nice Hi-res wonder boy scan/pic since I had the same idea (that's the only game I really play on the SMS anyway).

Just not alot of SMS Hi-res art out there for some reason. :(

For the 2600 - Wouldn't a Combat tank or the dude from Pitfall be cool since they were big 2600 games?

Pitfall Harry was my first choice for the 2600, but, like the SMS pics, it's REALLY hard to find any good pics. Maybe I'll just make a Pitfall Harry like I did the Space Invader :P

i owned a atari 2600 (yes im old) :P the games back then people was enjoying most and was talking about was "Asteroids, berzerk, Missile Command" anyway in Denmark they was :)

tho i soon got a phillips G7000 (Odyssey) so i wasent that much interested in it after that so i dont know after that period if there was a game there get people hearths :)

i owned a atari 2600 (yes im old) :P the games back then people was enjoying most and was talking about was "Asteroids, berzerk, Missile Command" anyway in Denmark they was :)

tho i soon got a phillips G7000 (Odyssey) so i wasent that much interested in it after that so i dont know after that period if there was a game there get people hearths :)

It was all about football on the 2600. American football that is. :D

So, the Valhalla Theme has been out for a day or two. http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=7fa...366aaf6caaa4e22

Anybody have any grunts, grapes, or gripes? Any ideas or 'critiques'?

Also, incase you have an emulator I haven't yet gotten around to making, the Photoshop file for Valhalla is available by PM or Email request. It's very straight forward, even if you're not a Photo-phile.

I'm still hard at work on this Theme. Above I posted a more 'appropriate' Atari 2600 Bak, and I plan on adding a Ryu (Street fighter 2) version of the MAMEBak, a Dragon's Lair DaphneBak, and use WonderBoy (Thanks DragonSlayer!!) for the SMSBak.

ALSO! Take a look at the following link to check out the brain child of Adultery,A mos_82, and myself:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?sh...ic=2&st=100

They're guaranteed to spice up the theme of your choice B) and they'll be included in the final version of Valhalla.

Big rounds of applause to Amos_82 and Adultery for their great work (I only kicked this off with my ADULT XXX images ;) who knew it was a good idea? haha!!)

I'm having a problem getting some things to show up. I have it moved into my themes, and the vahalla background shows up, but none of the other images. Example, it shows the console in each emulator but its at the top left of the screen, and none of the character show. What could I be doing wrong

This theme looks awesome and I would love to test it but I only have 800x600 at the most on my 27" Wells Gardner. I hope you are still planning to port it down to this resolution. I would try to do it but know next to nothing about making a theme.

Excellent work!