All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New Theme WIP Questions

firebrand_X

Yup. Too bad, too. But Tom's doing good work with GameEx, so I'm patient (kinda ;) )

Where is mamebak supposed to be displayed? You can already change the mame background. I'm a little confused.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you get a specific background (ex: MameBak.png) to show up under 'Emulators' -> 'MAME'?

Crap, now I'm confused... :blink:

Ahh.. I think I understand. My mame is on my start page. I suppose you have it under emulated games.

Ahh.. I think I understand. My mame is on my start page. I suppose you have it under emulated games.

Bingo. Confusion cleared :P

Anyways, here's a preview of what I've been up to. Open these, then Right-Click and Save to use them.

Background:

post-879-1160702479_thumb.jpgpost-879-1160702850_thumb.jpg

(Improvements, right? :D)

Icon:

post-879-1160702579_thumb.jpg

Still screwing around with the media bar... <_< bah

For your Capcom logo there... You should trim out the center. It looks a little cleaner that way.

Just a wee suggestion. :)

For SegaCD, you should use some kinda Sewer Shark, or maybe a Lunar Silver Star character. I'm not familiar with what that character is. I also had Mad Dog McCree and Wing Commander that might have some decent characters...

For SegaCD, you should use some kinda Sewer Shark, or maybe a Lunar Silver Star character. I'm not familiar with what that character is. I also had Mad Dog McCree and Wing Commander that might have some decent characters...

Snatcher was one of the most popular games on the SegaCD and are sat as one of the biggest classic on the SegaCD today so i think the choice with "Gillian Seed" as the charater for the BAK are fine enough :)

Mad Dog McCree did better on the 3do the reason i know that are i owned a phillips CD-I and was close to buy a 3do back then and holded a close eye on the 3do even tho the CD-I had the mpeg module (DVC) so it had alot better movie output than the 3do but still the cd-I didnt sell well so the game it self was better known either from the real arcade or the 3do :)

i guess if you should go after the most known/sold it should have been sonic but then again sonic would apear on all the custom backgrounds when it was a sega unit and prolly zelda when it was nintendo :lol:

Hi firebrand X,

Ive been sitting on an idea for a while now, im waiting for custom emu layouts, or maybe a horizontal database before i make any more themes.

Anyway, how about making the home/exit buttons part of the background image, then making the focus buttons white,

post-539-1160728730_thumb.jpgpost-539-1160731043_thumb.jpg

this way the buttons will change colour with the emulator pages. Here's some examples:

post-539-1160731076_thumb.jpgpost-539-1160731108_thumb.jpgpost-539-1160731472_thumb.jpg

The same can be done with the media controls, if you make the 'MediaControl.png' part of the background, and choose an active colour like white for the 'MediaControlStop.png'.

Just an idea buddy, could be a nice finishing touch to your theme :)

You've never played 'Snatcher'?!??!!!! :blink:

It's only one of the rarest and greatest game for the Sega CD, and made by the legendary Hideo Kojima of Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders.

Pick it up sometime, it's very slick. The only way to describe it is:

The Terminator + BladeRunner B)

Snatcher was one of the most popular games on the SegaCD and are sat as one of the biggest classic on the SegaCD today so i think the choice with "Gillian Seed" as the charater for the BAK are fine enough :)

Ah, nevermind, Night nailed it first :P

Hi firebrand X,

Ive been sitting on an idea for a while now, im waiting for custom emu layouts, or maybe a horizontal database before i make any more themes.

Anyway, how about making the home/exit buttons part of the background image, then making the focus buttons white

:D Its an awesome idea! But for now I'm going to stick with what I have going for me because it's so close to being finished. Still, that would be a really cool thing to do, and I know you have the knowhow to make those 'hotspots' in the GameEx Theme Editor (something I still suck at).

But since you thought this one up, you should try it out first. I'm really curious to see how it'd look/work.

Hi firebrand X,

Anyway, how about making the home/exit buttons part of the background image, then making the focus buttons white,

this way the buttons will change colour with the emulator pages. Here's some examples:

post-539-1160731076_thumb.jpgpost-539-1160731108_thumb.jpgpost-539-1160731472_thumb.jpg

The same can be done with the media controls, if you make the 'MediaControl.png' part of the background, and choose an active colour like white for the 'MediaControlStop.png'.

That's a smooth lookin nav bar - almost like an internet browser feel. Like the logos too. Very sharp! :)

Iâ??m having a problem downloading it. Iâ??ve tried downloading it a few times and each time it gets to 29% the download stops... :(

i just re-checked the complete package is there but im not aware of any problems i guess thats Toms call :)

its a big theme tho i guess removing the 3 songs in it would help alittle to size it alitte down if thats ok with firebrand_X

i just re-checked the complete package is there but im not aware of any problems i guess thats Toms call :)

its a big theme tho i guess removing the 3 songs in it would help alittle to size it alitte down if thats ok with firebrand_X

NOOO!! Not the music!!!

... okay, sure :P It was just added for 'shits and giggles' anyways.

The size is still <50mb as of right now. Is it too big?

The music thing is your call, Night.

EDIT:

Amos_82 has fixed the taskbar so the rollovers work as intended (yay!)

Here's the link: Fixed Taskbar

The .ini's will need to be renamed accordingly, but it's pretty straight forward to throw it over what people may have already downloaded.

Night, if your dropping the music, can you also recompile the Valhalla.zip on your server with these changes? Thanks

Thanks for the flood of kudos, all! Glad everyone's enjoying it.

If you're having some problems in the 800x600, or if you downloaded the theme before Night added Amos_82's INI fixes, you might want to redownload it just incase. :P

It was pretty fun making Valhalla, but things have gotten kind of boring since I finished it... Maybe I'll do a Version 2 in the future ;)... Or maybe a whole new theme :D Who knows?

Anyways, thanks again everyone!