All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

Ill consider it but you know you can add custom lists to PinballX, right?

I've posted about how to make future pin and visual pin tables show up in their own separate, custom lists.. And maybe i've missed it but is there a way to make a custom list that includes tables from both emulators? Someone above sort of asked that question but I think for a different purpose.

Like if I have a friend that has six tables in real life, and I want to make a list of just their six tables so I can pretend I'm there instead of eating potato chips at my computer, but a few of the tables are only emulated in future pin and the rest visual pin, is that possible?

I've posted about how to make future pin and visual pin tables show up in their own separate, custom lists.. And maybe i've missed it but is there a way to make a custom list that includes tables from both emulators? Someone above sort of asked that question but I think for a different purpose.

Like if I have a friend that has six tables in real life, and I want to make a list of just their six tables so I can pretend I'm there instead of eating potato chips at my computer, but a few of the tables are only emulated in future pin and the rest visual pin, is that possible?

Its not currently possible but it is a good feature request. I was just thinking the other day that we lacked this feature.

Features Requests (some of these may be bugs, but boarder on features)

1) When starting a VP table you need to press start or coin in to exit. It seems like the VP table does not have focus when entering the table for the first time. (verified fixed in release .157)

2) I need someone with a cab (and controller) to verify that the labels are wrong in the joystick input settings. This is cosmetic and not a function issue. It's just confusing when Win7 says you are pressing button 6, but PBX says it's button 7.

3) The ability to print the info from game manager in a neat table format. (Example Table name, year, manf, (VP/FP/PFX2), whats missing, b2s.exe or directb2s, etc

4) The default loading screen over FP loading screen. The PBX loading screen should be active until the FP table loads, right now it's the PBX loading screen, then the FP loading screen, and finally the table itself.

5) Possible bug in font and startup image. User downloaded font/startup images do not show up.(verified fixed in release .157)

Z

• 3 weeks later...

First, great work! I usually don't take the time to donate, PinballX works so much better on my system than HP that I had to throw you some money.. Even if it was just a little.

I was wondering how difficult it would be for you to allow for multiple versions of VP or FP without adding them as seperate systems? It would allow us to have different executables in different folders for say.... VP 9.15 or 9.16. Or different FP physics versions. You could set which version you wanted the game manager to use as a default, but manually point it to a different version for specific tables, on a table-by-table basis.

Maybe for those who have kids .. or wives :P In the Game List Manager in the area where it says "Import", "Launch" etc. there could be a checkbox or button that gives you the option whether to display the table or not when PinballX is running. I'd imagine this would be handy for those who have some of SLAMT1LT's FP mods that have profanity.. or the Playboy table. The new Medieval Madness Night Mod defaults to the rom with profanity.. I may want to keep it that way and just not display the table when it's not age appropriate.

I think this would be easier than creating custom lists that would have to keep changing depending on what tables you get. A checkbox is pretty simple.

Although now I'm wondering if this is even possible considering the list manager is just a front-end to easily edit an XML. I don't know how you could stop a table from being displayed if it's listed in the XML without commenting it out.. the list manager would have to comment out the selected tables each time PinX was run.

Maybe I've just had too much coffee this morning :P

Maybe for those who have kids .. or wives :P In the Game List Manager in the area where it says "Import", "Launch" etc. there could be a checkbox or button that gives you the option whether to display the table or not when PinballX is running. I'd imagine this would be handy for those who have some of SLAMT1LT's FP mods that have profanity.. or the Playboy table. The new Medieval Madness Night Mod defaults to the rom with profanity.. I may want to keep it that way and just not display the table when it's not age appropriate.

I think this would be easier than creating custom lists that would have to keep changing depending on what tables you get. A checkbox is pretty simple.

Although now I'm wondering if this is even possible considering the list manager is just a front-end to easily edit an XML. I don't know how you could stop a table from being displayed if it's listed in the XML without commenting it out.. the list manager would have to comment out the selected tables each time PinX was run.

Maybe I've just had too much coffee this morning :P

Not personally worried about kids myself but I generally think an enable/disable checkbox would be a good idea for those who wanted to change their game lists without having to delete. Ill have a think about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I also like PinballX very much and threw out HP for it. Appreciate your great work.

Only one minor thing I'm missing to be perfect, compared with HP. With HP it was possible to have a key assigned for opening the instructions and the flyer. Therefore I have 2 buttons in my cab ;)

Is there any idea to have the flyer open by a direct assigned key? Currently I only see this for the instructions.

It was also a nice feature in HP to be able to open the instructions while playing. As far as I could see this is not working for PinballX yet.

I also like PinballX very much and threw out HP for it. Appreciate your great work.

Only one minor thing I'm missing to be perfect, compared with HP. With HP it was possible to have a key assigned for opening the instructions and the flyer. Therefore I have 2 buttons in my cab ;)

Is there any idea to have the flyer open by a direct assigned key? Currently I only see this for the instructions.

It was also a nice feature in HP to be able to open the instructions while playing. As far as I could see this is not working for PinballX yet.

Hi,

Its a valid feature request but have you checked out the in game/pause feature?

Hi Tom,

I did a little bit of testing with the pause feature. Haven't recognized it earlier. Thanks for the hint.

I'm experiencing an issue when trying to resume a table once paused.

VP gets stuck with displaying its end table menue (resume/debug/exit to editor).

While exiting a table that way works fine it doesn't work for any VP version I tested with so far for resuming the table.

Any thoughts?

Regarding the direct access key for the flyers will this be something you are considdering to implement?

Thanks

CS

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea, but feel free to shoot me down, as I don't know what I'm asking for. We all know we can make many xml's for different categories. But that just fills up the page with choices. What about having "subgroups" of categories, looking in more than one folder? Example:

Visual Pinball:

Recreations V: Pinball X/Recreations

Originals V: Pinball X/Originals

Mods V: Pinball X/Mods

Yes, I have a V: Drive, strictly for pinball. But you get the idea.

(The reason for multiple folders is so you don't have a "monster folder", which makes things easier to keep track of).

I would like to remove some of the default lists. For example, 70's, 80's, etc.

Tom can you please add the ability to remove these defaults in your next version?

Thanks man.

Keep up the great work, it is appreciated

Feature request: Not sure if this is even possible, but since PinballX is able to read high-scores, is it theoretically possible to reset the scores via the front-end? I'm really bad at pinball and would like my high scores to be my personal bests and not the default personal bests that the tables come with because lord knows I'll never reach those. :P

I believe it is 340. Supposedly it will push out another game if you go over, so I'd recommend using the Hyperpin Editor (™) for over 340. I've been doing everything manually because I didn't know about the game manager, but since I'm at 353 it doesn't matter anyway.