All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball wicked working in my cabinet

joyrider3774

14 hours ago, bciarcia said:

i got the buttons to work..  i wasnt putting the files in the right location.    couldnt get the pupdmdcontrol to work.. but cant get the dmdext to work either

You can't get DMDext to work ?

I use a command file when launching the table (launch before):

TITLE PinballWicked
C:\Pinball\DisplayTools\DC2\dc2.exe -configure=C:\Pinball\DisplayTools\DC2\4kdisplay_portrait.xml
c:\windows\system32\reg.exe import C:\Pinball\DisplayTools\DC2\monitor_100dpi.reg
start "" /min C:\Pinball\Scripts\PBX\Image_Monitor_View.exe 1 "C:\pinball\PinballX\Media\Pinball Wicked\Backglass Images\Black Flaggers.png"
start "" /min C:\Pinball\DMDext\dmdext.exe mirror --source=screen --position=5 5 810 200 --no-virtual

Last line is the DMDext one. You need to play with the position and the size (5 5 810 200 )of the DMD on screen. This is for me with a 4k screen as playfield
This just mirror the onsreen DMD to my pinDMDv3

And as launch after to stop everything :

@echo off
"C:\Pinball\DisplayTools\DC\dc64cmd.exe" -rotate=up
taskkill /im dmdext.exe /f
taskkill /IM Image_Monitor_View.exe /F
taskkill /im cmd.exe /f

55 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

You can't get DMDext to work ?

I use a command file when launching the table (launch before):

TITLE PinballWicked
C:\Pinball\DisplayTools\DC2\dc2.exe -configure=C:\Pinball\DisplayTools\DC2\4kdisplay_portrait.xml
c:\windows\system32\reg.exe import C:\Pinball\DisplayTools\DC2\monitor_100dpi.reg
start "" /min C:\Pinball\Scripts\PBX\Image_Monitor_View.exe 1 "C:\pinball\PinballX\Media\Pinball Wicked\Backglass Images\Black Flaggers.png"
start "" /min C:\Pinball\DMDext\dmdext.exe mirror --source=screen --position=5 5 810 200 --no-virtual

Last line is the DMDext one. You need to play with the position and the size (5 5 810 200 )of the DMD on screen. This is for me with a 4k screen as playfield
This just mirror the onsreen DMD to my pinDMDv3

And as launch after to stop everything :

@echo off
"C:\Pinball\DisplayTools\DC\dc64cmd.exe" -rotate=up
taskkill /im dmdext.exe /f
taskkill /IM Image_Monitor_View.exe /F
taskkill /im cmd.exe /f

Ok.. so you are mirroring the playfield dmd, not the backglass.  How are you getting that position?  just guessing where it is?

19 minutes ago, bciarcia said:

Ok.. so you are mirroring the playfield dmd, not the backglass.  How are you getting that position?  just guessing where it is?

Yes. I didn't launch Pinball wicked for a long time .... 
So, for me it looks like this (note that the virtual DMD is on my left top corner on the playfield) :

20200411_143425.thumb.jpg.b0516a5fc7de6e6fe79751b72a89217e.jpg

1 hour ago, bciarcia said:

take a screenshot while the game is running like it would when running as if it was finished, then using gimp or something else zoom in on the picture and position mouse cursor on top left and bottom right writing down coordinates. Then if needed take into account any previous monitors (if you for example display the dmd on backglass and you want to mirror that) including rotation of screens (1920x1080 vs 1080x1920 etc for playfield). Thats how i do it usually if i mirror some dmd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@joyrider3774

Can you adjust PinballWickedLauncher.exe so it can have a 2ndbutton launcher as well , same as you have for FX3 ?
And within PBX I monitor for PinballWicked-Win32-Shipping.exe and for me that is working fine when I exit  (It stops this process and return nicely to PBX again)
thanks !

On 6/28/2020 at 9:03 AM, Mike_da_Spike said:

@joyrider3774

Can you adjust PinballWickedLauncher.exe so it can have a 2ndbutton launcher as well , same as you have for FX3 ?
And within PBX I monitor for PinballWicked-Win32-Shipping.exe and for me that is working fine when I exit  (It stops this process and return nicely to PBX again)
thanks !

just download latest pinballfx3 launcher from github and rename / replace the exe with PinballWickedLauncher.exe and you have the button also. All the launchers used are the same they are just renamed to different exe so a different ini is used

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not sure what’s going on, but I have it working fine. Loads and exits no problems. The only thing, when I launch the game the backglass is half white. I have to alt + tab and close out the white screen. It has a red logo, I’m not at my cab right now so I forget what it is, but once I x it out there is no problems. Not sure why or how to get this white screen out of the way. 

• 5 months later...
On 2/18/2020 at 9:23 AM, joyrider3774 said:

Here's an updated how to for pinball wicked.

First make sure the game is up to date and that you have requested and entered your cabinet code. after that setup your pinball wicked cabinet mode to your liking. If you run your windows in landscape mode you can pass parameters to the executable to rotate screens at launch of pinball wicked, Irotate is not needed anymore. For example adding "-rotate 90" will rotate display 1 90 degrees, "-rotate2 90" will rotate display 2 90 degrees etc. Valid parameters are probably 90 180 270 but i have not verified that generally if you run landscape and you main screen is the playfield "-rotate 90" should be enough.

When your testing you best add these commands to steam on your cabinet. You do that by right clicking on the pinball wicked game and choosing properties on the menu item. 

image.png.9b17d4fba56363b01361bf3a97abd87c.png

then select "Set Launch Options" and add the rotate parameters that are needed for your setup like for me "-rotate 90" and click ok. The next time your launch the game from steam it will autorotate your screen

image.png.fde9c7412b23005fd372972ee99f53a1.png

Next setup your cabinet options which you find in the settings menu of the game all the way on the right if you have activated the cabinet code already. I'll show my setup as i use 2 screen setup the most important setting there for a 2 screen setup is "Backglass DMD" as that will display the dmd inside the bacglass. If you have a 3 screen setup you must set it up differently and not enable this option. If you find that your backglass window keeps appiearing on playfield try setting it as windowed and drag it to your backglass screen. Exit the game and restart and see if it fixed. Setting borderless fullscreen might also help. You'll have to expermiment but it's important that your settings are correct when playing like this before going any further.

image.thumb.png.36757073db306f6fcdf33c7245061f31.pngimage.thumb.png.72a4e20bc2b114b0df0e1b4baf95eb13.png 

Next the launcher, which looks like this ...

image.png.d6034b10fb237f23f3a1bac5240ff3c6.png

Download this zip file: pinball wicked launcher.zip  and extract it for example to your scripts folder. For example in my case c:\pinballx\scripts

open LaunchPinballWicked.ahk with notepad or another text editor (not word) and

- check if 15 seconds on this value is enough for your system to show the pinball wicked menu with the single ok button.
WaitForMenu = 15000.  If the menu loads faster decrease the value, if the menu loads slower increase the value
its the value used to wait for the menu to be visible ingame

- IMPORTANT change the key used to exit the game to the same key that is assigned in pinballx / you use to exit normally.
Default is mapped to ESC change it to your key if you are not using the ESC key
; Exit Table
; pinball wicked does not seem to react well on the quit game key from pinball x
; so change the ESC key below to the key you have set in pinballx as quit game key
; info about keys can be found here : https://autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm
; in my cab i use the esc key
    Esc:: ;<----- change HERE
        Gosub killApp
    Return

- also verify if you need the -rotate 90 parameter set this to the same as what you use in steam in the initial steps or remove it if your windows is already running portrait mode in this command:
Run, "%SteamDirPath%\Steam.exe" -applaunch 595960 -rotate 90

download and install latest autohotkey once you have done your changes in the script rightclick on the LaunchPinballWicked.ahk file and  choose compile it will have created LaunchPinballWicked.exe file. Anytime you do modifications in the ahk file you will need to right click and choose compile on the file to create the exe file.

You will also need to edit the pinballwickedlauncher.ini file with notepad to setup your cabinet buttons and launchkey. Launch pinballwickedlauncher.exe once and press Q or ALT+F4 to quit it immediatly (before the 7 second timer runs out). Next check the explanation on github (with pfx3 as setup used) on this page on github (scroll down) https://github.com/joyrider3774/PinballX_Launcher_app on how to setup your buttons. You basically have to provide the "LEFTKEY", "RIGHTKEY", "LAUNCHKEY" and "QUITKEY" for your setup. if you had already setup the launcher for pinball fx3 launcher you can check there what your keys were.

And the final step is setting up pinball x system settings, set these up like so, if you don't want to use the pinballwickedremap ahk / exe do not add any launch before / launch after scripts. If you do want to use them check my example ahk script and edit the 2 bat files (right click / choose edit) by removing the "rem " value you will enable the launch of the remapper exe. The remapper exe is something i use to redefine keys of my keyboard encoder. But i'm not sure if it's still needed since you can set up keys in pinball wicked itselve i think (i have not verified) it. It basically works like thise <KEYTOMODFY>::<KEYTOUSEINSTEAD> for example in my script the &/1 key is replaced by return so i can also use my start button as plunger launch key also in the game along with my plunger button

pinballxsettings.thumb.png.2c94643cb6af142b1b5d1aad1497d262.png

In the zip is also a database folder included with example pinball wicked database entry if you don't want to use that database just goto game manager once you have setup the system and choose the system and add one table entry with any game name and description you like. Just add only one to be able to launch pinball wicked. Or copy the xml file from the database folder in your database folder after you have created the system in pinball x settings.

when launching the game from pinball x Do not press anything in the menu's or on the screen with the ok button. The script should select everything for you and start the game automatically with the chosen settings in the launcher

Problems:

- you might have to press your quit key twice if you want to exit the game. I might still investigate this at some point

Edit:
Zip downloaded update to launcher version 4.1 which supports specifyng text colors in ini file

How do I apply for a cabinet code?

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2020 at 7:22 PM, joyrider3774 said:

just download latest pinballfx3 launcher from github and rename / replace the exe with PinballWickedLauncher.exe and you have the button also. All the launchers used are the same they are just renamed to different exe so a different ini is used

I have changed FX3launcher to Pinballwickedlauncher, but I still boot to FX3 after launching?

If you have a 3rd screen (not real dmd), I thought you can move the dmd within Pinball Wicked to that screen. 

To be honest, I didnt check for a long time to Wicked. Maybe I should update my cab as well

17 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

If you have a 3rd screen (not real dmd), I thought you can move the dmd within Pinball Wicked to that screen. 

To be honest, I didnt check for a long time to Wicked. Maybe I should update my cab as well

It is possible to move to the 3rd screen but cannot fill the DMD screen