All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Amazon Fire TV Cube

tthurman

Pass, I read somewhere it doesn't have the horsepower of the AFTV2, which has been a solid Android/RetroArch game rig for me. In comparison, I'd have to give up:

-Ethernet port > That's a deal breaker, and I can't consume the one USB port with an attachment.

-CPU power > there's enough of a difference to be mildly annoying

-SD slot > how can you live on 16GB of internal storage these days? Although the AFTV 2 had 8, the option to use both an SD card and a USB dongle adds another 256 GB to that.

I'm not a fan of the Micro USB port, but I could live with it if I had to. And my Echo has better speakers anyhow. I want to like this thing, but Amazon keeps going backwards in specs, and I just don't get why. The AFTV2 is still a better device overall, and cheaper to boot.

But that's my opinion, take it with a grain of salt. :)

Fair enough.

Having a zillion HD channels to memorize is a HUGE PITA, IMO.  If I dare say something good about COMCRAP, it's that the X1 voice remote is great, a feather in the turds cap if you will.

If this will pull that off on any cable box, that is pretty sweet!  I wasn't really considering the points you mention as I'm comparing it to an AFTV Stick.