All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

User Submitted Themes & Media (Uploads)

Tom Speirs

Ah, thanks!

Glad to see some folks liked it (especially GrandGameExMaster Tom himself!) :)

Sure, you can put it on youtube or anywhere else you want to. I have made a couple changes and am continuing to work on it. Got a little sidetracked this weekend though when I updated my Video drivers and now my whole Windows desktop screen is about a cursor width too high and low and too far left and right from the edges. Irritating as all get out, but can't find a fix or anyone else with the prob. Using a 72" HDTV, and there is no TV vertical or horizontal resizers. Oh Well.. Finally getting my cab next week, that's the good news.

The Theme is now a bit more detailed than you saw on the video, as there is a different tunnel for each of the animated areas (emulation, jukebox, videos, pictures, MAME, Daphne). It might be better to let you host it in pieces depending on how detailed people want to get with it... Maybe basic is the theme and background animation and pics and sounds. Then part two; multimedia video images for selection. Part 3, Basic Gaming video image selections. Part 4, gaming background animations (MAME, Daphne, Emulators). Part 5 Multimedia background animations (Videos, Jukebox, Pictures. Starting to work on the individual gaming video animation selections this week, that will be a project, but it could be released as add-ons if wanted if going this route. Otherwise, the whole thing will wind up being like a 2 gig download when it's finished...

What are your thoughts or ideas?

I have about 20 or so tunnel type HD animated backgrounds I am using here. What do you think of an idea of posting a video with about 5 seconds of each, and having votes for which ones people liked best to use in the theme? Just an idea...

Yeah 2GB is a little too big, and it would be best to split it up. I agree with how you think would be best. I think it will be nice for folks to use when building themes for themselves.

As for the voting, go ahead if you want, but Ive got no problem at at least having a go at hosting it all. We can probably use some kind of mpeg 4 compression, even if its at a very high bitrate.

Okay then, that's cool Tom;

I will release it in parts, the first basic components the end of this week (background animation, intro, sounds, basic pics); then tweak and maybe release a part each week. Depending on what parts anyone wants they can download their preferences. I may do the vote thing later and offer the main background in the various highest vote getter styles to give people choices if you want to host the backgrounds.

I only ask that when I upload to you that you and maybe a select few test it to make sure it will work fine for everyone else. This is my first big theme making attempt here, and I can only test it presently on my big screen HDTV.

Okay guys. I am sending Tom the link to section 1 of my TunnelVision theme, the basics. It is like 232 megs in a compressed zip file, so I want Tom to test it since it has only been tested on my own Living Room entertainment center PC. If it works fine, he may post with a link to his hosting of the file, and I will upload section 2 tomorrow night if all is well with this one.

Well what I have isn't really a new theme, just my take on the Valhalla theme. These are just a few photoshop attempts Mrs. Celly and I came up with for a few emulator backgrounds. Feel free to use them if you like.

It would be fun to expand Valhalla. PM me or contact my on my website and we'll throw around a few ideas B)

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you do expand Valhalla. It would be awesome to see it updated to work as a V4 theme -- using overlays. The galaxy moved to a background and the other graphics made into an overlay to go overtop (and even overlap the snaps and whatnot a bit). Would look super awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New theme on the way... still in it's infancy.

SNES.jpg

The idea here is that everything has a very clean, very consistant "Flash-drawn" look.

I'm not finished obviously, the empty space will be used for.... something. (It's a Surprise...)

Check below for some more wicked awesome previews, And I have some other surprises in store with this theme too...

Be on the lookout for this new theme. New icons, graphics and EVERYTHING will be included.

post-6201-125749372208_thumb.jpg

post-6201-12574937472_thumb.jpg

post-6201-125749380237_thumb.jpg

post-6201-125749386505_thumb.jpg

post-6201-125749392759_thumb.jpg

post-6201-125749397766_thumb.jpg

post-6201-125749400523_thumb.jpg

post-6201-125749403556_thumb.jpg

post-6201-125749412271_thumb.jpg

post-6201-125749415887_thumb.jpg

post-6201-125749419339_thumb.jpg

post-6201-125749426472_thumb.jpg

Nice looking skin Ninja!

Can I ask how you moved the menu line (Name, Manufacturer, Biography .etc)?

I have tried to position it just above the list box, but it won't work!

It can't be resized, or moved left and right, but in the theme editor I was able to move it up and down with no problems.

dungbeetle: I'm not sure if you are still around, but your direction in themes is what I have been looking from people for a long time! I hope you keep at it.

I have a few months on my hands and really looking forward to diving into my cabinet again. It always seemed to me I could only find themes that really didnt have the arcade feel to it, like more of a computer media machine or pasted with random game stickers. Hyperspin is kind of in the right direction, but for me all the animations and wheels are too busy. I remember seeing blkdog7's post a few months ago on the KLOV site of his custom menu which is absolutely gorgeous and simple, love it.

http://johnsarcade.com/mala/johnsarcade.png

Anyway just wanted to pass this along. Been looking at alot of arcade title screens from the early 90's and C=64 loaders to remember how things looked back then. http://nfggames.com/games/fontmaker/lister.php. imo less is more, and I am beating my head against the wall trying for the authentic arcade look and get away from modern commercial xbox look.

Hope to see more from you dungbeetle

*(edit I guess that was just a game background behind the menu's .. but a parody of a game screen is what I was getting at .. much like the banner's being used on pleasuredome)

I always meant to finish my theme and add a wide-screen version, but I just never got around to it. Now that I'm cheating on GameEx with wah!cade/Ubuntu, I want to make sure the original files don't get lost to a hard drive failure. The theme is 90% there, I just couldn't get the last 10% to work correctly, so if someone wants to take a look and fix it, I'd be eternally grateful!

You can see the logos here. The other files are for my theme background images (BBC). Tom, would you be willing to host these before the Rapidshare link goes dead?

http://rapidshare.co.../Logos.tif.html

http://rapidshare.co..._Bezel.tif.html

http://rapidshare.co...andard.tif.html

http://rapidshare.co...screen.tif.html