All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Jostick controller wont map in Gameex AE.

wrd1972

Trying to map my THT controllers to Gameex AE, but its not working. I have properly chosen the correct controller in the proper field and I have confirmed through W7 hardware properties, that they are working correctly. FTR, these controllers have worked fine with Gamex in the past. No HW changes. They also do work fine with MAME.

Here is what happens. When I press the "button" to perform a mapping. The window that says "press button" and "cancel" flashes on/off and the slider moves back up to keyboard mappings. It wont let me make the controller mappings. Keyboard does map correctly.

Thanks

Just re-installed Gameex AE. Problem remains.

I can also confirm that this Joystick mapping issue doe NOT occur in PinballX. The controller there maps perfectly fine. Do I need to provide anything for analysis?

17 hours ago, wrd1972 said:

Here is what happens. When I press the "button" to perform a mapping. The window that says "press button" and "cancel" flashes on/off and the slider moves back up to keyboard mappings. It wont let me make the controller mappings. Keyboard does map correctly.

Just an FYI, this is the same behavior that happens if you click the mapping icon and then click 'Cancel'. Not sure why it does this, but it does.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but what is THT? Are these in any way like SlikStik or iPac? There are some settings in the Input Section that are suggested for these two setups.

Just throwing this out there, but can you try clicking a mapping icon with the joysticks unplugged to see if it 'cancels' out?

Otherwise, I am sorry to say that I am honestly not sure what else to suggest with this issue as I have not seen it before. Perhaps someone else will have some thoughts on it though. Otherwise, it may be part of the other issues you are having with Mame and PinballX. Hopefully fixing one will remedy the other or vice-versa.

• Like 1

Thanks again RD,

At a glance, I may have fixed it. I have an additional VirtuaPin controller in my Pincab and it was causing the issue. Might have had something to do with the accelarmometer. Anyways, I disconnected it, then tried to map the joystick controllers and it seems to have worked.

• Like 1

The input section RedDog refers to is what I would suggest too, but I'm also not familiar with that controller.  If it pops up again, I would suggest trying "enable direct keyboard input", as it helps with some controllers, especially those utilizing the iPac.

Marking as resolved, have fun :D