All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Help for PBX and VPX in Windows 10 and cabinet.

fwiler

I just wanted to pass on some settings that may help others.

I originally setup FX2 and FP in PBX with everything working great.  Then I tackled Visual Pinball X.

I'm running a 3 screen setup and have video for playfield and imported direct2bs2 for backglass when scrolling through wheels.  Using keyboard emulator and not gamepad.

I assigned left and right shift key to move through the wheel,  Enter to select table and start playing, And ESC to exit table and return to wheel after playing.

The issue I was having was that when scrolling through wheel, it would stop at VPX tables and I couldn't do anything.  No left or right movement, couldn't launch table, etc.  I would have to hit ESC to continue on.

The same thing happened when exiting a table.  It would go back to wheel, but just stick.  I would have to hit ESC to scroll through wheel again (Which also removed backglass.)

So to solve this I made the following changes.

Make sure PinballX runs as administrator.

Change your keys in VPX.  Most important is to change Exit Game to something like M and checkmark Disable ESC key (See attached)

Then right click on each VPX table and make sure to select Unblock at bottom.

Hope this might help others that are trying to configure multiple games to use the same keys.

VPkeyboard.PNG

• Like 1