All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx Arcade edition set up question.. Change music?

pixmanvegas

When the application starts, the launch sound is played. That file is found under GameEx Arcade Edition\THEMES\Default - Default\MEDIA\launch.ogg.

After the application has started, the Arcade Ambiance will play if it is enabled. That is found wherever you have it set to in your Setup Wizard. I did not change mine when I installed Arcade and I notice that it is currently set to the GameEx folder. I am wondering if the default path was set that way intentionally or if it was an oversignt. Either way, there is your answer.

2017-01-03 10_50_19-GameEx Setup Wizard 2.8.0 - By Ben Baker.png

5 hours ago, RedDog said:

When the application starts, the launch sound is played. That file is found under GameEx Arcade Edition\THEMES\Default - Default\MEDIA\launch.ogg.

After the application has started, the Arcade Ambiance will play if it is enabled. 

2017-01-03 10_50_19-GameEx Setup Wizard 2.8.0 - By Ben Baker.png

The problem is that launch.ogg is not the music that is looped. It is a chord/tone that plays once when you LAUNCH something. (I downloaded a player and played the file to confirm) I have set the Arcade Ambiance MP3 to No and the "music" still plays. it is a cheesy, old fashioned, electronic arcade music that is too loud and only about 10 seconds long and loops. My Arcade Ambiance MP3 is pointed to a C:\Program Data and there are no files there.

27 minutes ago, pixmanvegas said:

The problem is that launch.ogg is not the music that is looped. It is a chord/tone that plays once when you LAUNCH something.

By chance, the cheesy, old fashioned, electronic arcade music isn't the exitscreensaver.wav file in the ...\THEMES\Default - Default\MEDIA folder, is it? It is the level/board start sound for pacman. If it is, you may want to tinker with your Screen Saver settings in the Setup Wizard.

See, my setup is not operating in the same manner as yours. I also have arcade ambiance disabled. When I launch a game, the launch.ogg sound file plays and the game is launched. During the game and after the game has been closed, there is no looping music or sound left playing other than what I would normally expect in the game. I suggest you post your GameEx.ini file and log.txt file for review. You may have found a bug, but we should take a look at your setup and log files first

Solved.... It is the music from the DIG DUG PLUGIN!!!!!!!! which I had enabled because I thought it was for the Dig Dug ROM. It's the dig dug music playing over and over again.

Found it. I can't get the music I want to play, so I replaced the music in the Dig Dug plugin with the file I want to play. RESULT!

Thank you for your replies and patience.

• Like 1

To be fair, I'm about ready to give up on GameEx... It crashes constantly, I can't get games that loaded yesterday to load today. Now the video theme background stopped working. I've got dozens of hours into getting this thing to work. Not happening. I can get one game to load, then others won't. simply exiting a game with escape exits the whole UI. It is making me crazy. I'm going to try with the other GameEx instead of Arcade, but I can't get this to work consistently.

Sorry you are having issues with GameEx Arcade, however, I don't really think you are being fair. You reported one issue to which a solution was found, but in reply to that you are complaining about issues with the games not loading and the video theme not working.

If you really want to try to get it working, please open a separate thread for the other issues you have run into and with complete details of each, and provide copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files for us and possibly the author to review.

EDIT: I see that you opened a thread for the games and provided the requested files.