All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Advanced emulator configs not working for xbox one wireless controller

drnizzle

Hey all - recently, i'd say about 2 weeks ago, an update was done to either Gameex or the drivers for the xbox one wireless controller for Windows 10, and since then I've lost the ability to use any of the advanced emulator configs so things like gamepad exit are not working (as well as any keyboard mappings i had set to my gamepad).

I've checked everything outside of reverting back the controllers drivers; nothing has really changed that i can see that would cause this so i was hoping someone else had this issue. Thanks!

Hi drnizzle, and welcome to the GameEx forums.

I wanted to let you know that you had accidentally posted this in the GameEx EVO forums, and that I had moved it to GameEx>General.

I can't help you on the XBOX One controller, but if you'll check the links my signature, you'll find instructions on what files to provide to offer some insight to others as to what could be causing your problem.

Hey drnizzle,

It looks like your situation is related to the Xbox One controller drivers. See this post where another person had a similar issue about a month ago. Apparently, the new drivers made some changes regarding button mapping. You may want to do some testing with the controller to confirm that it is operating in the way you feel it should be. I don't have Windows 10, but Windows 7 does allow you to check calibration and button mapping via Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers and checking the properties. I assume Windows 10 has something similar.

Also, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the controller driver.

• Like 1

Thanks RedDog! Sorry about the mis-post, that was dumb ;)

I'll have to check that out, my gut said it was likely an update to the driver because the emulators themselves also acted up with the button mappings, but wanted to be sure i asked first. Ill report back if i get that fixed so the solution can be shared.

Thanks again!