All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Squirrel Steals GoPro and Ends Up Filming Like an Expert

tthurman

I caught one once! I have the scar to prove it...not kidding.

I was probably 10ish and staked it out in an isolated tree. I waited until it came down and caught it by the tail just before it darted under a shed. It actually pulled so hard that the hair of its tail came out in my hand and got away under the shed. You wouldn't believe how strong they are! I waited and intentionally blocked its path back to the tree, forcing it to dart into a garden where it hid under a lettuce plant. This is where I show my age and got the scar. I reached in to grab it, but instead it grabbed me! My middle finger to be exact! I felt an intense pain and pressure that caused me to jerk my hand out of the plant. To my surprise the squirrel was clamped to my middle finger just below the knuckle and was not letting go (refer to my profile Pic for an approximation of the look on my face at that moment). The damn thing had me like a snapping turtle! It was still attached to my finger as I flailed and tried to whip it off. The first time it slipped a little and re-bit to get a better grip, accompanied with another sharp pain. Then I baseball pitched it like a fastball as hard as I could toward the ground. It came off and bounced a foot off the ground before landing and immediately shooting off toward a tree. It scampered up and started heckling me with short fast chirps. Man was it pissed...

I learned my lesson about squirrels that day.

10 year old RIP-Felix Vs. Squirrel = Bloody Felix (There was no victor)

Moral of the story is...Parents tell your kids not to F*@$ with squirrels!

Other thought: This was my 600th post, have I been here that long?