All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Star rating in menu

scottacus

According to a post that I saw on this forum you need to edit an XML file and disable "default filters" to change the menu options in PinballX.  Which XML file needs to be edited to allow the menu to show the star rating system in PinballX?

There are two places you can go. Using the Setup Wizard, go to the General Settings page and locate "Show additional detail." Set to Enable and then select Yes or No for Show Ratings. Page next and this will update the pinballx.ini file.

If you prefer to edit the pinballx.ini to enable ratings, locate it under \PinballX\Config\ and edit the following section:

[Interface]
DesktopModeEnabled=False
EnableAdditionalDetail=True
ShowSystem=False
ShowRatings=True
OneClickLaunch=True

Let us know if that works for you. Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Draco1962 (BTW Recovering Weird Al-coholic  one of the best screen rating names I've ever seen!).  

I have already done that and I do see the ratings in the individual tables.  What I would like to do is use the rating system as a sort feature for viewing tables.  Instead of seeing all of the "Bally" tables I would like to see all of the "5-star" tables.  That way you could pick the best SS and EM tables of all of the manufactures and let your guests see only those instead of plowing through all of the other tables to get to these.  I was hoping that I could edit the XML file where the default filters lie.  I just haven;t been able to find that yet.

On 11-6-2016 at 6:15 PM, scottacus said:

I found it under posts on "Custom Lists", just copy the PinballX>xml and edit out any games you don't want seen in this list and save as "5-Star" and it will show only 5 Star tables.

Scott

The only downside is...if you update a table to a newer version, you have to update it in two places. And remember that you put that table in two places.