All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Happy Birthday QE II

tthurman

2 hours ago, tthurman said:

I hope nobody finds this offensive, but ...

I mean if nobody really finds it offensive ... it sort of misses its intended point.  All you youngsters out there might not believe it, but there was a time when this music was considered dangerous and subversive.  Sigh ... we were admittedly pretty naive back then.  :-D

Great post tthurman!

7 minutes ago, nullPointer said:

I mean if nobody really finds it offensive ... it sort of misses its intended point.

Excellent point:lol:  

It is the Sex Pistols after all

“American audiences are just the same as any other audiences. Except a bit more boring.”

"god save the Queen - the fascist regime" - still pretty challenging to date - I'd say. 

I don't think you'd all fall off your chairs if I told you which side of her majesty's royal throne I sit on. 

"Thank you farmer's wife..."

This bugger even gets away with this type of hypocrisy and double-standard coz he's so cool. He did "meta" and "post-modern" before these disney-child-stars turned snot-nosed Hollywood brats were born. 

Matter of opinion that really, tom. Ya see, I dont view him as terribly talented, but think he has an interesting personality. Admittedly, some can find him quite challenging and it may boil down to your core ideological beliefs really. I dont believe in  provocation for provocations sake, but he does have some strong beliefs and presents them in an equally strong way.

Horses for courses....

Nah, I'm just about the music and like PIL and the stuff he did with Leftfield. I just think him and others like him should stick to the day job.

I am sure it is quite recognised that he is one of the great artists of our time. I just don't "believe the other bollocks"!

It was a more interesting time though when you would see mods, skinheads and punks walking around causing havoc although I was quite young.

Anyway, god save the queen! I like her anyway.

Dude is an international star, I mean come on, he was even on the peoples court over here in the states :lol:

I find him funny, and the Sex Pistols are a long time favorite, but I can easily see why he would be viewed as a dick!  

• Like 1