All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Backglass Images without Grill

Censored

Hello community! 

Is there a way to show the backglass Images without grill for my 3screen setup in PinballX? 

If not - is there a source where to get them? 

Many thanks in advance! 

I know using dB2s would solve the issue, but it takes about 5 seconds to load the db2s Backglasses which does not look good when scrolling through the table-list - Images would load much faster

I think thats because I start the B2S in Exe mode for better Performance.... Well.... At least once  it has loaded .... 

Edit: As a Workaround I changed the Resolution of the Backglass to 1920x1440 in PinballX Settings so the Grill is not visible anymore

On 3/14/2016 at 8:57 AM, Censored said:

I know using dB2s would solve the issue, but it takes about 5 seconds to load the db2s Backglasses which does not look good when scrolling through the table-list - Images would load much faster

Not sure if you are aware.  While playing a table from PinballX you can press "o" to save a screenshot of the playfield and you can press "u" to save a screenshot of the backglass.  Then you need to cut/paste these screen grabs from your screen grab media folders and put them in the correct media folders (i.e. backglass images).

Hope this helps.

Junky

If you press U while playing a table that was loaded from the pinballx frontend then you should see a screenshot of your backglass in the "screen grabs backglass" folder in the media folder for that pinball software (i.e. visual pinball x).  Then you have to cut and paste it like I said before.  On your next load of pinballx you should see this new backglass in the front end.

Junky

Thanks - screenshots taken ;)

But now there is another Problem:

There are some Tables with no Playfield Picture.
So I took the screenshots (with "s" ;-) ) and imported them in the Game Manager, but PinballX does not show them?!
PinballX does not show the "no Picture" Picture - PX shows the Picture of the last table shown instead.
Also strange is, that in Game Manager the Playfield is not marked as missing...

Copying the Screenshots by hand in the correct media folder also does not work.

Edit:
Problem Solved!
For those Tables I imported a playfield video before (which my PBX setup obvously cant play). I deleted the Videos and now everything works fine!

Edited by Censored
Problem Solved!