All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Not Launching

jonathancarty

Would you please check the GameEx.ini file and upload it again file? When I open your link, all it has is a bunch of empty or null values.

Attaching my GameEx.ini as a test and as an example of what it should look like.

EDIT: Confirmed that my attached file opened fine.

GameEx.ini

Also, you may want to download the latest version of GameEx (you are running 14.42 and we are now up to 14.43). After doing so, please report back if you are still having the same issue. If so, submit updated copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files. Thanks.

Jonathan,
Your gameex.ini loaded for me when I ran GameEx. The log indicates that the crash occurs just after the emulators are loaded or as Steam is being validated. The error is "Error: Illegal characters in path". Your config shows that you have no emulators, so I would assume it is Steam.

Try disabling Steam in GameEx and see if GameEx loads. If it does, you might try cleaning the Steam config files and let them reload:

...GameEx\DATA\EMU_1002.dbcache.ini

...GameEx\DATA\steamdata.ini

If that STILL doesn't work, do you happen to have a Steam Game with any non-alphanumeric characters?

Hi,

Still struggling I'm afraid.

I don't use Steam and have now setup my emulators including MAME but still no luck.

New log and gameex.ini attached

What's confusing me is that everything was working perfectly, we went away on holiday and came back to this. Something happened, perhaps an update, which has caused this problem

Cheers

Jon

GameEx.ini

log.txt

can you do an offline install over the top of your current one? Also try changing your theme to the default one.