All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

SSF and DT Loading Issues

Zyon2323

@Gildahl: You have a whole other issue going on. You'll need to upgrade your Daemon Tools first off. Secondly I'd advise stepping away from the integrated virtual drive support and using the plugin instead. You'll want to start a new thread with your issue... I think @RedDog put out a pretty solid tutorial but I can't easily find it in Tapatalk.

@Zyon2323 : I'm not ready to rule out your setup yet. It's weird that@reddog and I can both get SSF to work fine (although my test was on a VM with Windows 7 x64). There has top be some common denominator between all these setups that don't work.

On 2/23/2016 at 8:23 AM, Draco1962 said:

All - I went ahead and split this from Jombee's thread as the issues, while similar, are different in that Zyon2323 is not using batch files and should be researched separately.

Draco, please note that in my thread I also tested without batch files, with the same exact results. 

Thanks!

I am aware. I just want members submitting their own, regardless of whether or not the issue is the same or not. 

From an assistance and fact gathering perspective, it becomes a major Charlie Foxtrot when everyone is jumping into the same thread.

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

I am aware. I just want members submitting their own, regardless of whether or not the issue is the same or not. 

From an assistance and fact gathering perspective, it becomes a major Charlie Foxtrot when everyone is jumping into the same thread.

Sounds good Draco, thank you!

4 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Please download and upgrade to the latest GameEx version and report back with updated gameex.ini and log.txt files. If the latest update resolves the issue, let us know as well. Thanks.

Still doing the same thing. Here's my files.

On another note: Under tweaks/ Performance I tried putting SSF to start on launch without wait, It did startup and stay on when it launched with gameex. So that means something that initializes after this point is what's killing it on my machine? To quote from the info is that it will start it before it initializes audio, graphics or the gameEx interface.

GameEx.ini

log.txt

On 2/28/2016 at 2:28 PM, Zyon2323 said:

Hey Jombee, if you put gameex in windowed mode and you try to start ssf outside of it like in my video, what happens? Is it the same results as me?

Did you try this? I'm starting to think it's an issue related to the resolution.

3 hours ago, Adultery said:

Did you try this? I'm starting to think it's an issue related to the resolution.

Yessir, I posted a video about it a few posts back. I also uploaded the files from both runs.

On 2/27/2016 at 10:31 PM, Zyon2323 said:

Ok, sorry for going a million miles a minute, but I've been trying tons of things to narrow down the problem and I haven't had time to type it all. I think I narrowed the problem down, but it's something beyond my pay grade. I have tried everything suggested, and I'm 99% sure it has nothing to do with the Iso loading. I'm going to insert a video to show what is happening, Here's what is going on:

SSF opens fine.
Then I run Gameex in a window.
Obviously I try to start it with Gameex, SSF crashes.
Now with Gameex running, SSF won't even open outside Gameex. Just starts verysmall and crashes.
1:55 - Now I run SSF first and leave it running while opening Gameex.
If opened first SSF stays running. I can even close it and open it again without crashing.
Plus, it works fine in Gameex now, if I run it through it. And you can see the Iso loading fine.
Now if I would close everything down and run Gameex first again, SSF would crash if opened after, In and outside Gameex.

I have the latest Gameex, win 7 64 all updated, and latest video drivers. I'm using the newest SSF, but It does the same with any older version I try.  Also, I have been using V Clone Drive because Deamon has feed back in their software. I have tried it though, when it was suggested. This seems like bug, but not sure what info I can give to squash it cause it seems others with the same setup have it working. I'm going to run Windows Debugger on SSF and I guess post the results later.

Thanks to all who are reading and offer help. I would love to try an older version of Game ex if someone would send it to me, just to see if that would make a difference.

GameEx.mp4

On 2/28/2016 at 3:28 PM, Zyon2323 said:

Hey Jombee, if you put gameex in windowed mode and you try to start ssf outside of it like in my video, what happens? Is it the same results as me?

Hey Zyon,

If I start SSF windowed first before starting GameEx windowed, SSF still remains running after starting GameEx windowed. 

If I start GameEx windowed, and then try to start SSF windowed, SSF gets killed. 

If I start SSF windowed, then start GameEx windowed, then close SSF, then try to run SSF from within the windowed GameEx, SSF works!

To futher this, if I go to full screen with GameEx and SSF, they also both still work!

If I exit from GameEx, and then restart it, SSF no longer works and is killed by GameEx as usual in regards to this problem.

On 3/3/2016 at 7:26 AM, Adultery said:

Hi Adultery,

Yes, please see my reply to Zyon above (using newest GameEx version, btw)

If my Cab's video specs matter, here they are:

Windows 7 64 bit (fully up to date)

ArcadeVGA 3000 video card (AMD based)

Betson Imperial (Kortex) Tri-Sync Monitor (resolutions up to 800 x 600), connected via VGA

Also note that I have my Cab connected to my TV, using it as a second monitor via DVI

SSF is also killed in similar fashion when attempted to run it from within GameEx on the TV

I appreciate your continued help trying to resolve this issue!

2 hours ago, jombee said:

Hey Zyon,

If I start SSF windowed first before starting GameEx windowed, SSF still remains running after starting GameEx windowed. 

If I start GameEx windowed, and then try to start SSF windowed, SSF gets killed. 

If I start SSF windowed, then start GameEx windowed, then close SSF, then try to run SSF from within the windowed GameEx, SSF works!

To futher this, if I go to full screen with GameEx and SSF, they also both still work!

If I exit from GameEx, and then restart it, SSF no longer works and is killed by GameEx as usual in regards to this problem.

Exactly the same as mine. Sounds like it's repeatable between our systems. Its almost as if when ssf is running before gameex is started it makes an exception for ssf, but if not it kills it somehow. Is it something with the gameex background? That seems like something newer. It wasn't there before in my older version when ssf worked. Just trying to look at all possibilities.

There's been no change in the GameEx background. It sounds more and more like it's resolution related to me, since GX doesn't switch resolution in windowed mode and it doesn't crash in that test. Does it work if you set it to show the desktop?

1 hour ago, Adultery said:

There's been no change in the GameEx background. It sounds more and more like it's resolution related to me, since GX doesn't switch resolution in windowed mode and it doesn't crash in that test. Does it work if you set it to show the desktop?

It does crash in windowed mode. As long as gameex is started first. I have played with the show desktop settings to no avail. About the gameex background: the version of gameex I had was maybe over a year old and using ccleaner I never seen a gameex function in the tools/startup section. And now it's there and can't be disabled. Just a change I noticed.

3 hours ago, Zyon2323 said:
3 hours ago, Zyon2323 said:

Exactly the same as mine. Sounds like it's repeatable between our systems. Its almost as if when ssf is running before gameex is started it makes an exception for ssf, but if not it kills it somehow. Is it something with the gameex background? That seems like something newer. It wasn't there before in my older version when ssf worked. Just trying to look at all possibilities.

It would certainly seem like "something" is being handled differently by GameEx in newer versions that is causing SSF to be killed.

It does crash in windowed mode. As long as gameex is started first. I have played with the show desktop settings to no avail. About the gameex background: the version of gameex I had was maybe over a year old and using ccleaner I never seen a gameex function in the tools/startup section. And now it's there and can't be disabled. Just a change I noticed.

Ah you meant GameEx background process. My bad.

You can disable that in the settings (keep GameEx running in the background, not sure the exact name of the feature), but that shouldn't have any bearing on SSF.