All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

freedo extrapolation

eXo

So, freedo runs great on my main machine, but wasn't quite so happy running on my arcade board (a 1.2ghz with the fsb multiplied, which then it claims it is 2ghz).

Anyways, it runs fine in regular mode. If i hit f4 to go fullscreen the program just up and quits. If I enable extrapolation and then hit fullscreen, it goes full screen and keeps running.. but my frame rate drops to like 24-30 frames per second (versus the 60fps I get in regular mode).

I know the etxrapolation is whats really causing a lot of the slow down, and on my other systesm I can go full screen just fine without turning extrapolation on.

Anyone got any ideas regarding this? My only guess is the resolution is some how causing problems, although i have yet to ever get a 800x600 screen to sit properly in my arcade monitor - even with the vertical placement turned all the way up, the bottom of the screen is still cut off by a significant amount. But this might not even be the problem.

Im running Xp svcpck 2 with an ArcadeVGA card running 640x480 in 32bit color mode. 16 bit mode looks horrendous on the freedo.