All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

The Movie Thread

tthurman

post-8419-0-14205600-1453429037_thumb.jp

So it feels like the middle of winter, and it has been snowing enough to really make it feel like it, especially for East Tennessee. For me, this represents movie time, and over the last few weeks I've been getting in the theater much more than usual. IMO, I find that movie ratings regularly do not equal the high marks I see, at least to me. I'd put "The Force Awakens" as 3 1/2, which is really good, but no way in my mind was it 4 1/2 as I've seen so often. Everyone's opinion is different though, right?

Last Friday, MadMax (home theater) A worthy successor to the original movies, with some unique twists that I wasn't expecting.

thurmantor rating - 3 1/2 shells

Last Sunday, "The Revenant" Good flick, fantastic cinematography, and acting, but certainly not a feel good movie. Worth seeing, yep IMO

thurmanator rating - 3 3/4 shells

Took today off to spend some quality time with Vic, and we decided to grab a show at the dollar theater. "Bridge of Spies", big time drama, not usually my bag, but man is this a good flick. Tom Hanks owns this role, and it was surprisingly (to me anyway) 1/3 full for a 1:50 showing on a Thursday afternoon. The audience applauded at the end of this movie, something I've never experienced.

thurmator rating - 4 shells

Anyway, it seemed like a good general "spoiler free" movie thread could be interesting, "Welcome to Movie Talk" :lol: