All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Microsoft, WTH?

tthurman

Clearly ms wants to avoid another XP, but their recent actions are certainly moving the OS to a "as a service" model. While this may fly with the business world, I'm not sure this plan will get off the ground without some serious grumbling. Granted it likely won't have the widespread negative side effects that it seems on the surface, since I'm sure your new Skylake will continue to run 7 and 8, but at the same time they've obviously have a end game in mind here. Windows 10 free for the life of the device, or until you're hardware is no longer supported, and now this, a method that clearly appears to be a way of obsoleting not only older OS releases, but now apparently has a direct hardware connection.

Is this just a hair brained idea to scare masses into moving to 10?