All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Where to Find GameEx Databases

pisuke

I've never utilized those direct downloads, but they are the db3 files.

In your particular case, that might be best.

In the setup wizard under "Emulator Selection", not "Download Emulators", there is an option to select emulators and specific slots. It prompts you to download the emulator, and then the database. If your still trying to recover, this option may not work for you.

<edit> I just checked the Atari 5200, and it's a match to the one in my GameEx folder.

These are also available in the repository manager, no?

Maybe that's just plugins themes and configs?

It would seem so, my ignorance showing here!

Right there in your GameEx start menu

Something I'm not accustomed to using for sure, but it's there just like Adultery indicates.

If it's got "greatflash" next to it, it's from the database guru himself, without a doubt!

Sorry dude, didn't mean to steer you wrong :blush:

No worries tthurman, it's still a fairly new thing and I'm not sure that a lot of people know how cool it is or what it can do. :)

Also there is a drop-down menu on the bottom of the window, I believe databases is an option for the filter. :)

I think he is speaking of within the repository manager.

That said if you're just looking for one specific, following nullPointer's link is probably the easiest, most straight forward way to get it done.

In the days prior to the RM this was how it was done anyway.

What version of repository manager are you running pisuke? The current version is 1.01, which was announced in 14.36 to address some issues. Perhaps you have the v 1.0.

Edited by tthurman
The db's are available via the RM, as are the themes, in your particular case you may have to revert to the manual method due to circumstances regarding your installation. Marking as resolved.