All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

It's dead Jim

tthurman

Ugh, it gets tedious. A game that is no longer produced, no longer sells, has zero support from the original developer and can't even be ordered on request, is obsolete.

Attempting to pass a law that somehow defines these "modders" as committing an offense is ludicrous. Because "some time in the future" someone may re-release said works and make profit :huh: ... :lol:

This is all about control, nothing more. And it will only happen if people are willing to let it.

• Like 1

They are struggling to protect a business that is moving into a digital frontier that can't be controlled like it could in the analog media age. They are trying to litigate the future to regain the business models of the past. They can’t have full control of digital media and it scares the money out of them and into the pockets of lawyers. These are the last gasps of an industry fighting to survive. Eventually, as with every revolution, innovative solutions supersede/supplant the failing model, transforming the industry and leading it into a new profitable business model. That’s what is happening here. The process is just underway and people are scared because of the uncertain future. They want to be ahead of the curve, but they are stuck in the past.

So, basicaly, it's all about the money. [Funny, for me it's all about the games. But then, I have no vested interest.]

#EvolveorDie

• Like 2