All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Nearly perfect, MAME artwork downloading in the wrong place

Shermo

I nearly have it perfect but MAME and only mame artwork/snaps download in the wrong place,

It downloads in GameEx\MEDIA\DOWNLOADED ARTWORK\MAME

Instead of my NAS drive, everything is directed there and every other system downloads there, I've had to disable auto downloading for now as Gameex itself is ran off a SSD and Mame loves to eat it up with snaps :rolleyes:

Any idea why it is doing this?

These are the settings

dfg1J4w.png

Attached ini file also.

GameEx.ini

I just looked in my GameEx\MEDIA\DOWNLOADED ARTWORK\MAME folder and also found some Cabinet and Title pics for Mame and Title pics for Genesis (as well as some NOT FOUND folders). When I manually moved files were moved to their proper folders, most were duplicates, but there were a few I did not yet have.

I am only throwing out a theory here, but my guess is that GameEx downloads the files to the DOWNLOADED ARTWORK folder and then transfers them to the proper directories later. If GameEx is closed (or cancelled from the task manager) prior to the download process completing, I can see some assets being left over.

I noticed that after moving the files and going into GameEx, GameEx stated that it was doing another image download for Mame. After it was done, there were no new folders in GameEx\MEDIA\DOWNLOADED ARTWORK.

• Like 1

This may be way off what your problem is, but both the Automatic artwork download in the Setup Wizard, and the "Download Artwork and Videos" or \GameEx\Download Service Utility.exe, work differently and completely independent of each other! Mixing and matching these utilities is sure to cause some headaches, so i would suggest firstly you use one or the other :)

The integrated downloader has an advantage - it knows where your artwork is stored and will download to the locations you specify in your emulator setup.

The standalone "Download Service Utility.exe" will download media via criteria, and often gets more matches, but you will need to move them manually into the directories you use. With this method you can also specify which type of media gets downloaded ie Titles, Snaps, Marquees, Flyers etc

Either which way you choose, you are bound to only confuse yourself doing it both ways, at the same time :P

• Like 1

I use the ftp as well so I'm totally confused :)

I think red dog is on to something there all other setups have only 25-50 ROMs a piece. Doesn't take long at all to grab. As I've been setting it up (1 month at least -_-) I've been closing frequently so that may have been throwing a spanner in the works.

I have reactivated auto download after moving to the correct folders and it hasn't tried to download anything and all snaps are working. So I presume ATM all is well for now