All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Mame Game list missing many games..and escape key completely exiting?

aldub516

Hi aldub,

Firstly, let's get the simpler one sorted - GameEx exiting on Esc press. You can disable this in Setup Wizard> Custom> Enable/Disable Features. Change Disable Escape Key to Yes.

Now for your Mame list woes. It seems to me by scanning your log that you have everything setup for MAME version 0.149. Can you verify that you indeed are running MAME 0.149 and a matching 0.149 romset? I want to clarify first because we have been getting a lot of these types of issues recently that are easily fixed by running the correct mame.exe with the correct romset. I have a feeling you know what you're doing though, i just want to point things out for any future readers ;)

Assuming you are running matching MAME and romset i'll give some brief history, regarding history.dat - see what i did there? :D

In the last few versions of history.dat there has been a bug introduced somewhere down the line that causes GameEx to halt the game list at CarnEvil. The cause of this mayhem? One pipe character/font ( | ) in the description of CarnEvil! Unfortunately it is not consistent - some versions of history.dat it is present and others not. It's quite easy to fix if you're ok with editing files and using Notepad. Just open it using Notepad and remove all instances of the pipe character: |

Once you have fixed your history.dat (if not i'll upload a fixed version) then turn Verify Roms off in the Setup Wizard and update your list.

• Like 2