All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PINCAB] My 3 Screen PinCab - Old System 1 Gottlieb "Count Down"

Sjensen316

After years of enjoying my GameEx powered MameCab it was about time I tackled a PinCab. Now having my Mame cabinet prepared me for some of the build process, I was really surprised about all the advancements in both GameEx and now PinballX. I picked PinballX without even looking at other frontends based purely on my experience with GameEx.

I was lucky enough to find a cabinet on ebay a short drive from my home. Over the course of a month the system was up and running on old bits and pieces of PCs.

currently running :

Core2Quad q6600

4Gb ram

Geforce 640gt running all three screens

Windows 7 32bit

39" Vizio Playfield 1080p 120Hz (model E390i-A1) (upc 845226007934)

28" Vizio Backglass 720P 60Hz

10.1" LG LCD panel from seedstudio

IPac VE

Even with what I think are low system specs, it still keeps up with nearly all tables, except apollo13 13-ball multiball.

I will probably upgrade this machine with an i5 based system, or AMD if anyone has suggestions. Step away from PC tech for awhile and there are all new numbers / codenames / CPU / GPU / APU its crazy out there! :)

Anyway I attached a photo of the completed machine. I will be around in the forums and out on the VP sites to see all the new toys

post-4501-0-44365200-1413842629_thumb.jp

• Like 4

That is a great looking cab Sjensen316. Using an original cab really retained an amazing retro vibe to the whole affair. Well done!

Retro /original is what I was going for. Didn't want a lot of buttons that a normal pinball machine wouldn't have. Just about everything can be done with the few buttons on there. Have the left/right flipper and start, credit is rigged through the coin return button. I used the shift function on the iPac so holding start and pressing the left flipper exits the table and start / right is for extra buy in. Any additional needs are done through a mini wireless keyboard / trackpad.

Dude that's super sweet, great looking cab! :D

Nice to know it runs well with such down to earth system specs, that's inspiring in itself.

I really didn't think it would run as well as it does. I still need to work on future pinball, but visual pin is working great. Still can't believe a single, what I'd call a budget gpu, can run 3 screens at once.

My mame cabinet is now running on a first gen i5 MSI laptop with Intel video. And that runs great, little slowdown on NFL Blitz, but it runs all emulators fine as well as desktop visual pin tables.

I would absolutely love to find an old pinball machine carcass but have been unsuccessful this far.

A pincab sure would look great in my basement next to my mame cab. I already have an i5 computer with 8GB RAM that's sitting around collecting dust and just waiting to be disassembled. :)

• Like 1

I would absolutely love to find an old pinball machine carcass but have been unsuccessful this far.

A pincab sure would look great in my basement next to my mame cab. I already have an i5 computer with 8GB RAM that's sitting around collecting dust and just waiting to be disassembled. :)

I was lucky to find one on eBay, just happened to search. I had pretty much given up on finding one and was going to build from scratch. The previous owner had looked into repairing it and found that it was gone beyond restoring and was going to make art out of it 😀 which I might do something with the play field and back glass. Both are in real worn out condition though.

I have a bunch of build pictures which I will gladly post. was real happy with how easy the Vizio tv came apart and that it fit perfectly in the cabinet, like it was made for it, would recommend it to anyone with a system 1 cabinet. With a wood frame of 1x2 it rests on the original brackets. Nearly no moding done to the cabinet. Pretty happy with it.

I noticed my start button is not lit.... Doh!

Normally that is bright green. And I can see someday soon getting a pin display of some sort 😀. If only to fill up more area on the back.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [PINCAB] My 3 Screen PinCab - Old System 1 Gottlieb "Count Down"