All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

World Cup 2014: Netherlands Defeats Spain, 5-1

GimmeClassics

I'm proud to be Dutch :)

After having lost the world cup final in 2010 against Spain (0-1) last night we got our revenge BIG time B)

Netherlands vs Spain > 5 - 1

You can fast forward to 2:12 min to see all goals. Especially the 1-1 (goal by Robin van Persie) is amazing !! [3:50 - 5:00]

[you can change the quality of the video]

0-1 - Xabi Alonso

1-1 - Robin van Persie

2-1 - Arjen Robben

3-1 - Stefan de Vrij

4-1 - Robin van Persie

5-1 - Arjen Robben

VIDEO

Enjoy :)

Congrats Netherlands!

I watched the game last night and I predicted Netherlands 4 Spain 1, so I wasnt that far off!

Once the dutch scored their first goal Spain fell apart and couldn't compete with the pressure from the Netherlands, but I'm sure Spain will bounce back!

• Like 1

Okay, who will be lifting the trophy?

I'm not a huge follower of this sport, but it seems Argentina is pretty tough. Then there's Germany and Brazil, and it seems some think Germany is the most well rounded team of the bunch.

I was having a martiini at the Bonefish bar Thursday, and was shocked to see so many coming out to watch this event at the bar.

<EDIT> a bar in the US

. . . really?

Why can't I get into this? I know it's "football" although in the global term, wherein you moslty play with your FEET. The US term is "Soccer" whereas "football" is a bunch of guys in tight spandex playing with a ball that's not round, and is played mostly with your HANDS. <_< I've tried to watch it, but can't get into it. It looks like a really slow version of hockey, the timer ticks UP instead of DOWN, and theres always some spanish guy yelling "Gooooooaaaal!"

So yeah, am I American enough for ya?

. . . really?

Why can't I get into this? I know it's "football" although in the global term, wherein you moslty play with your FEET. The US term is "Soccer" whereas "football" is a bunch of guys in tight spandex playing with a ball that's not round, and is played mostly with your HANDS. <_< I've tried to watch it, but can't get into it. It looks like a really slow version of hockey, the timer ticks UP instead of DOWN, and theres always some spanish guy yelling "Gooooooaaaal!"

So yeah, am I American enough for ya?

Actually you seem un-American :D No offense to my State-side buddies but you wouldn't believe the amount of run-ins i've had with regards to "football". The clue is in the wording :lol: for those that need it pointed out, and i know some of you do, Foot> Ball. Football. This is a sport where a "ball" is controlled by a "foot". Only Americans call this "Soccer". Why? God knows. Let's examine "American Football": The primary tools for play? Hands. What is the definition of a "ball"? Most would say "round". Yeah i dunno why you guys name things the way you do, but you do :P So what do you call a sport that primarily uses hands, with a prolate spheroid object? Football! what?! ^_^

Yeah, somehow "HandEgg" just doesn't have a good ring to it.

........and who came up with the pattin on the ass thing? Wouldn't have wanted to be the first guy demonstrating that!

Big ole sweaty dudes running around in tights, pattin each other on the ass, what a concept!

I like HandEgg, but some of these traditions gotta go!

Yeah, somehow "HandEgg" just doesn't have a good ring to it.

........and who came up with the pattin on the ass thing? Wouldn't have wanted to be the first guy demonstrating that!

Big ole sweaty dudes running around in tights, pattin each other on the ass, what a concept!

I like HandEgg, but some of these traditions gotta go!

hehe but at least your "football" players don't roll around on the floor like a bunch of babies coz another player scuffed their shiny boots :wacko:

Good luck tonight Dennis! I predict a 3-0 or 4-1 to Netherlands