All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[COMMUNITY PROJECT] Developer Logos Database

stigzler

At first when stigzler was commenting about "taking time reading about these developers" I didn't give it much if any thought, I was on the hunt. During this stage though, nothing is just right in front of you, so you have no choice but to do some reading. It's nothing short of amazing some of the background a lot of these guys have.

I present to you a article about Douglas Adams, I'm sure you've heard of his book, but did you know the rest of the story?

You guys from the UK have a decided advantage most likely, but computer game development, really! Glaring ignorance for sure on my part, but I was really surpised by this one!

Well how odd is this? I actually hit a few after posting, and many were people. I know how much you love the people seraching!

The trend I've noticed is many of the people names are pin devs, not all, but a good share of them for me have been.

Getting back in the groove after some time out has slowed me a bit too, but there is only so much of these more intense searching sessions I can take at one time anyway. As you've pointed out, a lot of this turns into a enjoyable reading assignement. I think I could just about write a research paper about this now.

Quick Update: More amazing work by Tthurman!!

080714b.pngpost-14176-0-69277200-1404850084_thumb.p

358 left!!! Turning into a real hunt + challenge tracing down those illusive logos. Satisfying when you find one on boxart, screenshot or ads + then snaffle it + contribute to GamesEx, making it the most comprehensive logosource online!!

Any of you guys who just browse this forum + fancy helping out - drop me a line - it's as simple as searching and adding images to a folder!!

Man this is getting down to the nitty-gritty!

I must say I'm surprised by some of the dev's on here, well especially these really obscure ones that seem to be the most elusive!

Some dev'd with others on bigger budget works, Disney for example, and you won't find a logo. I wish I could be proven incorrect here, but these companies seem lucky to get a line of text in the small print, if that!

Some of theses companies developed one game, and it may be a DOS, Apple II, etc., on cassette, and then drifted into who knows where.

Others developed adult based games, in one instance several "Psycho" type games, or at least that's what it looked like.

Anyway, there are some edits to be sure, instances where a box, or disc was all that could be found. There is also a growing number of pictures, mostly the pinball guys, but at the end of today (for me anyway) there are 313 remaining, and I know many of those are not to be found already, as they have been searched extensively.

• Like 1

Thanks mate. I will edit the database accordingly.

Anything else you find, don't hesitate to let me know.

**** UPDATE : Logos Project and GameEx Database updates working in perfect Harmony!!! ****

Tthurman - close your eyes and ears..... :)

OK - so Flash and others are regularly updating the Developer/Publisher list for the GameEx database. He's also releasing periodic updates to feed into the Developer Logos project.

The Spreadsheet now has a tab called "List Updates" that details any lost Developers through pruning and any newly added ones:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dzg8F5aIfDva_hT6xE7RMddU-Jczo520tlgMFQYXJWk/edit#gid=376327459

So folks - we've lost:

Anirog Software
Arcadia Systems
Bubble Bus
Galactic Software
J. Morrison (Micros) Ltd.
Kenfuzed
O~3 Entertainment
Philips Interactive Media Benelux B.V.
Simon Goodwin

But we've gained:

7th Level, Inc.
Abersoft
Advance Communication Company
Agenda Co., Ltd.
AI Factory Limited
AIM
Alawar Entertainment, Inc.
Amccus
Amcom
André
Angelsoft
Anirog Software Ltd.
Arcade Zone Ltd.
Aspyr Media, Inc.
Automata U.K. Limited
Automated Simulations
Blaby Computer Games
Cases Computer Simulations Ltd.
Cat's Pro
Ceris Software
Chaos89.com
Cobra Soft
Computer Rentals Ltd.
Core Magazine
DACC Limited
DE Act Team
Dini & Dini Productions
Doctorsoft
Earthly Soft
EightyEightGames Ltd.
ERE Informatique
Fathammer Ltd.
Funtech Technology
G. Amusements Co., Ltd.
Galoob
Gearbox Software LLC
Gizmondo Games
Glodia
Greenberg Associates
Group SNE
Häus Teknikka
Horng Shen Information Co.
Horror Soft Ltd.
Infinity Co., Ltd.
International Publishing & Software Inc.
John Prince Software
Jorudan Co., Ltd.
Kingformation Co.
Kinpukurin
Leland Interactive Media
Lenar Co., Ltd.
Level 9 Computing, Ltd.
Ludia, Inc.
M.C. Lothlorien Ltd.
Macadamia Soft
Magical Company Ltd.
Malibu Interactive
Max Entertainment
MENGE
MindSpan
NCM Entertainment
Nexus Interact, Ltd.
O~3 Entertainment
Panda Entertainment
Paterak Software
Pax Softnica
Peakstar Software
Poppo Co., Ltd.
Program Power
Quan Wei Technology
Quicksilver Software, Inc.
Red-Zone
Rollogame Ltd.
Sakata SAS Co.
Salamander Software
ShareData, Inc.
Silky's
Sord Computer Corporation
SPC
Spectral Associates
Studio Bean Games
Superior Software
The Illuminated Lantern
Tokai Engineering
Triffix Entertainment Inc.
Trojan
Wendy Magazine
Yojigen

Given the need to keep track of additions, also ammended the main sheet a bit to include date Dev added to main List. Also, newer Devs are different color to help distinguish:

new_additions.png

I'm going to keep Any Devs that we've sourced images/done searches for in the main list (even if they've been removed from the GE Database). No point in throwing stuff away.

Cheers for everyone's ongoing help.

**** Now more than ever STILL needing some community volunteers for this - so cummon - if you aint up to your neck in Evo dev - why not help out a little??? ****

Some of the ones that are omitted (Bubble bus, Arcadia, etc) are still valid, but no longer verified (or marked as such). There has been some recent restructure in the database requiring a bit of time rechecking some bits.

Next time I will upload a list of changes since the last list (hopefully) and that will make it a little easier.

ps. So please keep any assets that relate to anything not in the current lists. They will no doubt return.

Thanks for your patience Stig.. :)

No worries flash, and it really is no hassle to work from the list as you posted it.

On disappearing devs, if they return, would they keep exactly the same name? This would be the most helpful, as the alternative is manual searching and re-matching.

Just ran across this one.

O~3 Entertainment from yesterday's update is a dupe, and a version of their logo is already in the dropbox logosource folder.

I linked to the mobygames page for it just in case stigzler wants to check out the other logo.

Wow - yer straight on the update list, todd - amazing!

I'm presently pulling 14 hour days trying to get things wrapped up at work before leave, so not able to get stuck in properly atm.

However - did look at the above - very strange!! New devs pulled automatically from textual compare of two lists. My feeling is may be something subtle like different ascii code fot the tilde (?) or something. I think copy+paste the 'new' text for the dev and copy existing logo in folder, then paste the text from 'new' dev (if that makes sense)

May look the same but be different in some subtle way - I dunno.....

cheers

I just did a quick check between the original and the current posted list and did not have a problem flagged with O~3 Entertainment?

I used this online tool http://text-compare.com and you can see from the image attached that it did not find it, so - confused?

post-3753-0-04251600-1405539390_thumb.pn

Just thought I would double check and also offer an alternative way of presenting changes.

Stig, if I just upload a diff as the html earlier, would that be easier (in future)

Cheers Flash.

If, when you remove devs from the list and add them back in later on, you are re-adding with the same name, then yeah, just a list of the 'added' devs would be swell.

However, that html method is quite difficult to grab (copy>paste-wise). If you've any means by which just to produce a txt list, that'd be more helpful.

Your original method also works fine, as can just use the spreadsheet to pull out additions and removals.....

ta very muchly..

stigzler noted this in the spreadsheet, but I'm not sure it got listed with the dupes

Supervision

dupe of

Supervision Entertainment

<edit> this is in the first list we worked, I noticed this during the second pass searching for devs we haven't found.

Will double check in a mo and let you know. If it is a dupe, I think Supervision would be the logical name? What do you think.

There are quite often very similar names. Of the top of my head, adventuresoft is one.