All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

A Trip Down Memory Lane

thurmansevolution

Hello! :)

I came across this a little while ago...thought I would share. Its a news story from 20\20 (used to air on Friday Nights on ABC many many years ago) from 1988.

...how things can change in 26 years...

On a side note, I should be getting back to being more active here starting in about a month. We have one more vacation we are planning for (to Orlando, FL) near the end of February, and afterwords, finally...finally back to my little projects :). One thing I was very excited to hear about was GameEx Evolution...it may seem a little too much to ask....but can we get a small "taste" of what it will have to offer?...maybe one or two small breadcrumbs of info of what it will have us drooling over? .....pleeeeeeeaaaaaaasssseeee :)

LC

• Like 3

Pllllleeeeeaaaassseeee :D lol

...It would make a great ending to my very busy work week (I literally worked over 40 hours since Tuesday morning...we had a bad ice storm blow through Tuesday afternoon which rendered the roads useless. I have a 35 mile commute to work, so after I arrived at work Tuesday morning at 6:30 am, I finally made it back home around 3 hours ago...sooo glad to be back lol :cheers: )

I promise to keep it a secret...hehehehe

What I would do for GameEx Evolution:

- I would volenteer to walk my neighbors dog...even during times when they don't know about it.

- I would entertain old people at a nursing home by doin' the Macarena followed by a weird-retro version of a one man show about a blooming flower

- I would clip our neighboorhoods grass with a set of dull fingernail clippers and a boiled herring

You name it....I'll do it :)

• Like 1

Thats a cool find. I remember the hype of SMB2 and how people couldn't get their copies. SMB3 wasn't even thought of yet, and that was this all over again. I miss those days. I'm glad for emulation and the fact that we can all go back and remember a time without terrorists. Oh, and parents thought THOSE games were violent? Wait till you see your -10 year old playing Call of Duty. What the hell is wrong with parents? I'm sick of playing games like Halo 4 online and getting told smack by a prepubescent child. The game is rated M... M!! You shouldn't even be playing it.

Consoles, PCs, tablets, smartphones - parents have to be nuts to let their kids have unfettered, unmonitored access to any of them. It is far easier to give in to the whiney snotnose screaming "I hate you!" and let them have their way than it is to set boundries and be a true parent. My kids didn't until they were in their mid-teens and, if they abused them, they lost them. Period. If they abused staying up late on the PC chatting with friends on the internet instead of studying or going to be on time, I cut it off for them. It is amazing what most routers can do to block network access with a simple MAC address and a scheduler (even without a built-in scheduler, you can at least manually cut it off). I can't agree with you more, Han!