All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Ultrastik Plugin (u360) not working after update

Ptinolv

I also still have the bug I experienced before (http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/12521-resolved-plugins-and-steam/?p=100770) where on the wizard "launch before" and "launch on exit" are empty, even if they have values in my Gameex.ini file.

Is there a way to keep my version 12.98 and being able to add steam games (it seems there was some change and it requires 13.21 to see steam games now) ?

To utilize the integrated Steam functionality you will need 13.21 and later due to recent changes with Steam itself. As for the other errors you just posted, please be patient and someone will respond to you shortly.

Sorry if I am not very patient, but i am feeling a bit lonely here (which is a bit unusual so I guess everybody is working on the new gameex).

In the meantime, is there a workaround to add/force steam games manualy on older version. I tried modifying steamconfig.ini, the steam map file, but no success. Is there a way to do it ? Thanks

The latest version supports the recent changes made by Steam. There is no known workaround at this time nor will there be a modified version of 12.98 created.

I am sure that the author's will do their best as time permits to address the issue you are encountering. Besides GameEx, they also have "real life" jobs and families that they have to tend to as well.

To better help them to help you, can you download and install the latest version direct from the download over your current install and report back with the results? Thanks!

I didn't mean to be pushy or anything and I know the author's have priorities other than answering right away to my issues.

I just noticed that my steam games that were detected before were still there on 13.21 version of GameEx with latest steam. That is why I was thinking there was maybe a way to add games "manually" and that someone here may have a better understanding on steam integration than me. Is there isn't that's fine, and I will set up my steam games as any emulators in the meawhile.

BTW I am just trying to add Nidhogg and Samurai Gunn to Gameex. If you havent had a chance to try them, give it a try, they are really good arcade games.

Hi Ptinlov

I had been hoping that we might get some secondary verification from other users of the Ultrastik Plugin, but so far that hasn't happened. That doesn't meant that there isn't a problem, only that no one else has reported it.

So what say you community? Are any other users of the UltraStik plugin experiencing issues in GameEx 13.21? If no one pipes up I'll go ahead and elevate this to Headkaze's attention, but it would be good to have some collaborating evidence.

It might also be worthwhile reporting the issue in the project thread for the UltraStik Plugin (since this thread deals with both the plugin issue and the legacy Steam issue).

yeah , I found it strange that no one seems to have encounter the same issue. It is also not that easy to spot as most games will still work properly if the stick stays in analog. The plugin version hasn't changed that is why I don't really think it is the plugin itself. So that points either to my configuration or possibly a change to gameex. I am also doing a leap of version, so it may not be from the last version.

I would post the text of the error over in the UltraStik Plugin thread including a detailed description of the issue. There's definitely something happening there, but whether it's the result of a configuration issue or not I certainly can't say. Ben will likely be able to elucidate.

13:13:36.6  1/23/2014:  PlugIn: "UltraStik / ServoStik" caused an exception and is being disabled.13:13:36.7  1/23/2014:  Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.13:13:36.7  1/23/2014:     at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)13:13:36.7  1/23/2014:     at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)13:13:36.7  1/23/2014:     at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)13:13:36.7  1/23/2014:     at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)13:13:36.7  1/23/2014:     at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)13:13:36.7  1/23/2014:     at GameEx.PlugIns.Event_AppExit()13:13:36.7  1/23/2014:  Exiting GameEx!

Just out of curiosity does the same thing happen if you disable Xpadder at startup?

Edited by nullPointer
Updated links to point at the UltraStik/ServoStik version of the plugin!