All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

General Gameex

Beaps73

GAMEBASE

I love the fact that this is implemented in GameEx but I do have a few questions...

1. Why cant I add GB [GameBase] files/games to my Favorites.

2. Can I use Videos instead of the still images in GB as I cannot configure a path to use Vids. GB doesn't support videos.

3. On Speccy & Amstrad of GB the 'Play Music' option doesn't work, they don't play. On the C64 it works fine. Both work tho in the GB frontend.

General Help

1. How do I get the following Emulators to quit back to GEx

- WinUae (Amiga Emu)

- Spectacular (ZX Spectrum Emu)

- BluMax (MSX Emu)

- STeem (ST Emu)

2. MAME still not started rotated games as they was last played, games starting in vertical position & exited, then re-loading & its back horizontal. Its like when GEx puts its marquee on a vertical game & I have selected 'No Marquee' in the MAME setup. Its not showing the Marquee now but the image is still the same (sorry its hard to explain)

2. MAME still not started rotated games as they was last played, games starting in vertical position & exited, then re-loading & its back horizontal. Its like when GEx puts its marquee on a vertical game & I have selected 'No Marquee' in the MAME setup. Its not showing the Marquee now but the image is still the same (sorry its hard to explain)

Please post this to the thread you opened regarding. I want to keep troubleshooting there as it will become confusing for you and the others trying to lend support. Thanks!

GameEx doesn't actually store the rom list for GameBase. It simply displays the list that GameBase give it. Because of that, there is no way to have a favorite from there, unfortunately.

As for videos, this has been asked before (by myself as well). The problem, once again, is that GameEx is really just a frontend to GameBase, and merely displays whatever GameBase has. You're absolutely right though, GameBase doesn't support videos, and GameEx can't be configured for a video path. Something you might try, though I've never tried it myself, is simply replacing the screenshot pictures in the GameBase path with videos. The way GameEx works, it will display videos before displaying images, so if they're in the path, it might work. I won't guarantee it though as I've not tried it. The other obstacle you would face here is that any videos you download will have to be named EXACTLY as they are in the screenshots, which can be difficult since GameBase uses it's own naming scheme and not a more standardized one.

As for the music, this is hit or miss with GameEx. What you'll need to do is have the appropriate audio codec installed. Some GameBase's have their music converted to WAV or MP3, and those don't cause any problems. Others are in a propriety format used by that system it's emulating. Those special formats will require an audio codec to convert it to a compatible format. Some GameBase systems have their own internal players for playing the music files, to my knowledge there is no way for GameEx to identify that a separate player is necessary, and won't launch it. You must remember that GameEx is merely listing what GameBase has, so if it has a picture it will show the picture, if it has music it shows the music (although it might not play).

Hope that clears up your GameBase questions.

With your closing questions. I built a customized advanced config that will close down an emulator with a combination keypress on my controller. 9 times out of 10, I've found that by using the Advanced Config "[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)" works best, as it's forcing the emulator to close (like pressing ALT-F4 or running tskill in command prompt), rather than attempting a smart close (like pressing Escape, or ALT+Q, etc). In the MSX config, this is exactly how I have it configured. For the other emulators, I'm actually using GameBase. But since I have the global exit configured with the keypress on the controller, I just use that to end the emulation.

I can't really help you with the MAME problem, as I don't use a vertical display.

• Like 2