All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX v2 Discontinued!!! <<<

Krakerman

Gonna stay with win 7 for awhile and see what EVO has to offer. I'm sure it will be great. Until its release I'm gonna clean up my existing setup and add as many systems has I csn for your existing theme. Then when EVO comes out I will be able to incorporate your theme using your systems..

@GimmieClassics 1st thing when setting up Steam with GameEx if you use the built -in feature it will use Gameroom default layout this is an issue with GameEx. If you want to use my STEAM theme then you need to set it up as a seperate emulator. Nothing I can do about that as it is a known issue with GameEx currently that is.

Second you need to setup the Gameroom Competition theme as a seperate emulator not thru MAME. If you did that then in your Custom Menu config make sure you point to the Competition setup not MAME. Looks like you have it pointing to MAME not to the Gameroom Competition emulator per say.

I think that will fix your issue. Then make sure in the Gameroom Competition you also add your Gameroom Competition map file which I take is your MAME list. ;)

@ Krak...

Gameroom Hi-Score Competition theme

thank you for your reply ! I was able to setup your Gameroom Comeptition theme and also got the competition map file working. It's so cool !!

Question: does the name of my custom menu entry and seperate emulator has to be exactly the same as your config / theme file name which is "GameEx Hi-Score Competition" ?

Gameroom Steam theme

I've tried to setup Steam as as seperate emulator. Your Steam theme layout is shown but I have a weird issue with the gamelist. I'm also not able to start and play a Steam game...Any idea how to fix this ? [please see picture below and attached log and ini file]

GameExSteam.jpg

Gameroom MSX / Amiga theme

You've created a MSX and Amiga theme in April. Did you perhaps forget to add them to an extension pack ?

Thanks again Krak :)

GameEx.ini

CustomMenu.ini

log.txt

Sorry just saw your post and you were right about that. I will get back to you about Steam I am still in process of upgrades yes it's been a long process so I am typing this on my phone via Tapatalk so I will get back to you about how to fix that. :)

• Like 1

@GimmieClassics First thing you can re-name the Gameroom Competition theme to whatever you want just make sure your emulator that you set it up under matches the name of the theme.

Second thing is when you setup Steam as an emulator just create shortcuts to your games and setup the emulator to point to where you save the links at. You can then create a custom map file for those links if you want to or just re-name those links to what you want to call them. Then call the links by using the following command line: ""[ROMPath]\[RomFile]"" (notice the double quotes).

That's cool that you solved the stutter problem, I've seen many people posting with that issue. I'm still a long ways from any pins, but it's reassuring that you beat it. Do you think it was Win 8, or just a fresh install and reshuffling of things?

Nah ... I tested it on both Win 7 and Win 8 and the results were the same. The only way to fix the stutter was what I mentioned in my post. 2 video cards is the key.

Well I got my system upgraded and re-installed GameEx tonight now I just need to re-configure all my settings as I decided to change all my drive letterings which in turn screwed up all my emulator settings. No big deal just need to change the directorys in each. Maybe at some point I'll get back into messing around with creating some more themes. I have had my Atari 2600 theme project on the back burner but haven't forgotten that as I have around 30 game themes done so far and it looks and runs amazing. Totally takes this theme to the next level in my book.

Anyways I am getting back into this soon so stay tuned. ;)

Glad to see you got everything going good. When you have time, please put up the last theme pak you were working on with the sega sc-3000, etc. in it. Would love to setup your Atari 2600 theme too, that you are using. I understand that you have to use your map file, but that won't be a problem. Just include that with the pak when you are ready to post your theme pak for the 2600. Since you been working on your system, I've made about 30 placeholder system themes until you start making new system themes. Welcome back

Ok guys I have a little suprise for you today! :D

Here is an early preview of my revised Atari 2600 theme which includes a special map file to list only the games that I have created themes for. Included in this zip are 36 individual game themes.

To install unzip where you have your GameEx folder and overwrite all files. Make sure you have a backup of your Atari 2600 theme before doing this so you can revert back if you so do to choose also copy all files in the title folder to where you have your Atari 2600 title media folder at and configure the GameEx setup wizard directory for the Titles. Also make sure you add the included map files under your Atari 2600 setup in GameEx as well so it will list only these titles.

Note: This is far from being complete but wanted to show you what you can do with the current version of GameEx to create some cool individual game themes. Just make sure your game zip's match the individual game theme names in the Title folder.

Give it a go and tell me what you think! ;)

yes. :)

I have thought about doing a few orher systems but I am currently waiting for EVO before I move forward with this project. Just wanted to show you a taste of what you can do with the current engine. I think it looks pretty sweet.

Got so excited I went home at lunch and downloaded it. Looks great. Please upload your last pak with the sega systems in it so I can install them. Hope until EVO comes out, you use your talent to create some more systems.

Thanks Krakerman. Doing something wrong. The right games are showing up as in the map file but when I click on a game the screen stays the same and the game theme shows up in the left hand box

did you copy the Atari 2600 all the files in the zip to your GameEx folder and use the setup wizard to change the title folder to point to where you saved my titles to the individual game themes at?

You can copy the Atari_2600/Title to where you have your art folder at and point the setup wizard title folder (for the Atari 2600 emulator of course) to this location. Typically this is where you d/l your media from emumovies at ... it's the reason why I tried to keep the folder names the same as emumovies.

show me a snapshot of your screen then I can see what is going on.

Also make sure those title themes match your games (filenames). I'll be checking in from time to time tonight to see if you are having any more issues that I can answer.

Make sure you unzip this to your Gameroom theme folder not the media folder and let me know if that fixes it. Looks like you forgot to overwrite the Atari 2600 config file in the theme folder.

Also I noticed that arrow (at least it looks like that) in the bottom right corner over the Atari Logo you can get rid of that in the theme editor you know if you don't use that as it will look much cleaner.

Still no luck. Everything seems to be right but the theme does change with the game. I don't see a Atari 2600 config file . Are you talking about the Atari 2660. ini file Also is the theme for each game suppose to show up in the rigjht hand box when you callup the title screen. What tells the theme to use the individual game screen?

You need to goto your Atari 2600 setup in the GameEx setup wizard and set the Title Snap Path to where you saved these individual game themes at. By default GameEx always displays the (Image2 in the Theme Editor) title image first unless no image is found then it will look for your box images next if no image is found and you assigned the No Snap Path to an image then it will display the No Image Found that you assigned to be displayed if nothing was found for that title.

Yes the Atari 2600.ini should be saved in the theme folder this tells the Title images to be displayed at 1920x1080. If that doesn't fix it I need to see your GameEx config file.