All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Popeye

Nice score.. wish I could play [link to story].

Updated DB, RSS (with Adultery's help!)

Thanks for updating the DB and RSS. I'm glad Adultery was able to help us out fixing the Database manager :)

I've read your story about not being able to play Popeye. I'm very sorry to hear you have problems with your HDD (my reply)

On a dramatic twist, I noticed I was playing Popeye Revision F.

Tried Revision D and D is way more difficult and has some level differences.

(I.E. First level middle stairs can go up and down, level D only down. Also brutus on F at first level only tries you reach you if you're under him. On D he also jumps up)

Also revision F has a default extra live at 20.000

So I must change my highscore to 22.800

post-14523-0-69822600-1385373373_thumb.j

On a dramatic twist, I noticed I was playing Popeye Revision F.

Tried Revision D and D is way more difficult and has some level differences.

(I.E. First level middle stairs can go up and down, level D only down. Also brutus on F at first level only tries you reach you if you're under him. On D he also jumps up)

Also revision F has a default extra live at 20.000

So I must change my highscore to 22.800

Thank you for being so honest !

Ýou've been using ROMset popeyef instead of popeye -_-

To be sure I've checked the version I've been playing. I've been playing revision F > first level middle stairs only going down, Brutus tries to hit you wether you're below or under him and an extra life at 40.000 instead of 20.000....Wow, that makes my score even more fantastic, unbelievable and outstanding !!! LOL :D:P

Again, thank you for being honest.

A few gameplay hints:

* 1st level.

Easily earn 2,000 points: right from the start go to the left and down the stairs. Go to the right and climb the stairs and go up the next stairs to reach the top right section of the playfield. Then jump of the platform and hit the boxing ball. Important > it has to be done without pausing a second.

* 3rd level

Try to stay on the top level as long as possible. Use the moving platform several times to go from the left side to right side and back and each time hit the bird for 1,000 points

* eat your spinach and hit Brutus :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

Finally posted a better score than earlier this month. Man once you "complete" the game it goes insane. Good spot to get some points but damn there are things everywhere.

post-11179-0-38750800-1385411250_thumb.j

Finally posted a better score than earlier this month. Man once you "complete" the game it goes insane. Good spot to get some points but damn there are things everywhere.

You almost doubled your best score. Good job rtkiii :)

Gettin' closer to a possible GOTM win... <_<

Updated OP, DB, RSS

This month's competition is over! We crown our winner

GimmeClassics

Although we didn't get many participants in this month's game, we still had a nice round. I'd still like to take this opportunity to thank everybody for continuing to participate and make this competition forum worthwhile. Thanks!

That being said, please remember that you can continue to play this game and submit new high scores. Don't let GC be the top winner forever!