All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Howler Arcade Controller is now LIVE on Kickstarter!

engg100

Hello everyone,

The Howler Arcade controller is now live: Check it out on Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ade-controller

Here is the Video:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...get/video.html

Here are a few details:

The Howler Arcade Controller is a 4 joystick, 26 button, gamepad controller, keyboard controller, mouse controller, 96 channel LED driver USB composite device designed for interfacing to controls on a home arcade system.

Thanks,

Josh

Engg100 - Welcome to the GameEx forums! I see that you are promoting your Kickstarter for your arcade controller. I applaud your efforts and wish you every bit of success, but here comes the however:

First, since it is not apparent that you use GameEx as your retrogaming front end (your first post was right after you first created a profile) and that your project is not GameEx-specific, I moved it to the correct forum (from GameExUser Projects).

Second, while we support the efforts of retrogaming community, I would recommend that you make contact with the various authors of the sites you are visiting/advertising to seek their permission and best place to post such threads first, as some may not be as forgiving.

Last, which is actually a suggestion - maybe using the front ends and providing some video of how your controller works with each? Seems reasonable if you will be posting your Kickstarter here, at the MaLa, HyperSpin, and other front end forums.

Good luck!

I just want the finished product. I don't have the time or skill to build a cabinet and control console like that. I love the lights, and the fact that everything is all integrated on 1 board. It makes me drool. God I wish I had more money. :)

I just want the finished product. I don't have the time or skill to build a cabinet and control console like that. I love the lights, and the fact that everything is all integrated on 1 board. It makes me drool. God I wish I had more money. :)

I checked this out and thought the same thing - where's the "Full Controller Build" donation level? Bah! I can't build my way out of a wet paper bag in the rain...

Where can I find RGB buttons?? If this works in the fact that it only illuminates the buttons that will be use for said game, that's pretty sweet... But something tells me that is a manual thing to do, that you would have to do that for each game you play. I could be wrong.

There have been many controller mods out there that do this. Each MAME game has an embedded layout already configured. You just need a driver to read that info and output it to your controller. I think it's called controls.ini though I might be mistaken.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to spam you.

I just shared my project with some other people on the arcade controls and hyper spin forums and they asked if they could buy one that is why I started the project. I am not really going to make any money at it, considering how low the volume is going to be and how many 100s of hours I have put into it. I just wanted to share something I thought other retro gamers would be interested in.

As far as RGB LED buttons, you can get them at ultimarc.com, groovygamegear.com, and paradisearcadeshop.com . A lot of people think it is gimmick, but I like having my controls light up for the game I am playing. It is cool to have them light up to the same colours that they were when I was a kid at the arcade.

If you guys consider this post spam feel free to remove it.

Thanks,

Josh