All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

JPCSP Problem

madfrog2000

Hi I install the JPCSP from GameEx wizard but gives me old version of it that does not work for me. (I have tried changing the jr6 to jr7)

I need the 64bit version of the emulator I downloaded the emulator off their website worked fine,

but cannot use within gameex.

Hopefully someone can give me more info on this?

Thanks

There are a couple of questions to address here. When you say that you cannot use the emulator in GameEx, what is the exact nature of the problem? The other factor that will assist us in any GameEx related troubleshooting endeavor will be to provide a copy of your emulator configuration, and most likely a copy of your log after having encountered the issue in GameEx. Please refer to this thread for further details.

Thanks man!

The version of the PSP emulator that downloads within Gameex is outdated which uses Java 6. Java 7 version is now out.

The psp emu does not work outside of gameex just black screen when load rom. But the newer version of it does work which is not in gameex.

Have you installed the version of JPSP you need directly from the site? This one is difficult to update as it appears that they are rolling out an update with a separate link to 32-bit and 64-bit and the URL to the download changes with each iteration occurring as frequently as every several weeks.

Is there any reason you're using JPCSP in particular? Java based emulators can be a real pain to get funtioning correctly. I've been messing around with PSP emulation quite a bit lately and have found that PPSSPP is far more compatible and most definitely more frontend friendly than the others.

/my2c

Yup I downloaded the 64bit version directly off their site works fine but idk how to use it in gameex. I tried copying files over to the emulator folder but now the emulator wont run at all in gamex.

Dazzle I just need a psp emulator that will work in gameex does PPSSPP work in gameex?

Thanks

@madfrog - Our own Celly posted about PPSSPP here. Based upon his post, the command line arguments when configuring in GameEx should be PPSSPPWindows.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

Also, you will find a plethora of emulators map files and command line options here thanks to fRequEnCy. Hope this is of help!

• Like 1