All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx not listing Mame roms past CarnEvil since last update.

UNFORGIVEN II

Just out of curiosity have you run your ROM set through an auditing tool (i.e. ClrMamePro or ROM Center) for Mame 0.150? If you haven't, it would probably be beneficial to do so at this point. At the very least it would be one additional consideration to rule out. :)

Sorry for the redundant question, but every time you make an alteration to MAME, your ROMs, or your configuration you're still rebuilding your list in GameEx right? I hate to say it, but after reviewing the details of this thread I'm close to being out of ideas here ... :(

Hmm ... purely as an experiment would you mind trying to reset the locations of the following files to the default locations?

CatverLocation=\DATA\catver.ini
nplayerslocation=\DATA\nplayers.ini
HistoryLocation=\DATA\history.dat
InfoLocation=\DATA\mameinfo.dat
CommandLocation=\DATA\command.dat

Obviously this may not be an ideal or permanent solution, but it may help to indicate where the problem lies.

GameEx should actually come with those files already populated in the DATA directory. Sorry I should have been more clear - I wasn't thinking this was so much a directory thing as to suggest pointing to a whole different set of files (the default ones).

It certainly couldn't hurt. Your settings will still be safe, so you don't have to worry about that. The only bad part is that I'm not certain whether the GameEx installer will overwrite the applicable files in the DATA directory. If that's the case, I think I can hook you up with a set of the default files, but it will be a few hours until I get home and have access to my GameEx machine.

I've reinstalled it a few times. If you don't mind I'd take the default files from you just to be sure that they are overwritten. If that doesn't work I'll have to put it on hold a week or so as I'm leaving for Nevada and Arizona tomorrow. Again, thank you and everyone else who have been helping me.

• 2 weeks later...

I formatted and re-installed my Windows 7 X64 a couple weeks back. Just yesterday, I was having GameEX and MAME withdrawals.

So I downloaded the latest version which is [Current Version: 13.18] Installed it and then ran the setup wizard.

Using self compiled MAME X64 version from a few days ago (which is past 0.150 because has HLSL vector fix)

I'm getting exact same problems at the OP. The gamelist doesn't go past CarnEvil V1.0.1 only 861 games

I'm gonna try suggestions from this thread and hopefully find a way to fix this.