All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

A couple of questions...

Itchigo

What's the best way to upgrade to a newer version. Just switch/overwrite the .exe?

Also I saw somewhere that the game manager can only handle like 330 games, or something like that, but it was an old post. Does the game manager still have a limit? I'm just about there now (320), and have no intention of stopping. :)

To upgrade PinX? You're not exactly overwriting the exe, you're installing over your old install. But don't worry, it will automatically keep all your settings, databases etc. Tom has made upgrading very easy. Just make sure you point the installer to the correct directory if you haven't installed to the default.

Dunno about the game manager limit, i'm only at 175.. but also have no intention of stopping :)

I meant like from going to 1.61 to 1.62, etc. As long as it keeps my settings/databases, etc. That's my main concern. and why I asked that.

Even if there is a limit, I've been doing it manually before I knew the game manager existed anyway. It's good to go through things periodically and make sure everything still works.

Aside form that, I'm an author too, so I have my own tables to add.... ;)

What's the best way to upgrade to a newer version. Just switch/overwrite the .exe?

Also I saw somewhere that the game manager can only handle like 330 games, or something like that, but it was an old post. Does the game manager still have a limit? I'm just about there now (320), and have no intention of stopping. :)

Backups are always a good thing but just run the setup.exe over the top of the installation.

Yes, its still 330 but that is per individual list and not across all lists and systems.