All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 13.15

Tom Speirs

GameEx 13.15 released.

• Many updated emulator databases thanks to Flash. We are always looking to improve them and could do with some help. If you would like to contribute please contact GreatFlash via the forums.
  • Adds publisher support from the system databases, featuring full listing, categorisation and linking. (Only supported with modern theme versions).
  • Adds back the system biography which has been missing for some time. (Only supported with modern theme versions).
  • Another new database feature thanks to Flash is that when using database game names bracketed information can be shown and nicely formatted for cases where there are multiple regions or discs. (Remove brackets has to be turned off).
  • New setting to format game names (renamed from previous setting) which performs a little more formatting of file names to make them look nicer.
  • The in game / pause feature has been greatly improved and includes support for a key combo and gamepad hot buttons to access the feature. The feature is also now more reliable, resilient and stable. It also now properly pauses and resumes any system. It works with the latest MAME and many emulators but if it is not compatible GameEx will gracefully return to to the game. Note: The feature has been moved to its own sub section in the setup wizard under input and the settings are now stored in custominput.ini.
  • Fixes controls Meta Data for the latest MAME release (this had broken the UltraStik plugin).
  • Updated Game Info plugin by Adultery.
  • New Quick Launch plugin by Adultery easily allowing you to launch multiple programs before and after games.
  • The system databases are now included with the installer. They are no longer a separate download and will update automatically.
  • We now have more standardised naming of gaming systems and emulators thanks to Headkaze and several files have been renamed and updated.
  • The plugin system has been updated to 1.41 with events now receiving publisher, system biography, and video snap path.

View the full article

• Like 2

Wow, just look at that feature list. It is a thing of beauty! Thanks so much for this great release Tom, Also many thinks to Flash for his excellent work on the databases. And lastly thanks to Adultery for maintaining an amazing stable of plugins. You guys rock!

Just a quick heads up:

I had to manually delete all the emulator .mdb files for the new ones to work properly. Not sure why but there were only a few that were working before I did that, and after deleting the mdb databases all my games have descriptions and categories again. :)

OMG.... what a great update, over 20 new databases ..... YES :D.

Thanks Tom, Flash, Headkaze and Adultery and this overall coolio community.

Man and i thought the new video-alpha-support feature is here ;), anyway a great, great update.

GameEx is the best.

Amazing. I downloaded the "old" version last night. I'll for sure update though. I'm almost overwhelmed at everthing GameEx has to offer. Insane. I'll for sure be sending my financial support in. Such a great program. And, a great community. I've already asked one question and everyone is pretty darned helpful. Great stuff.

Just a quick heads up:

I had to manually delete all the emulator .mdb files for the new ones to work properly. Not sure why but there were only a few that were working before I did that, and after deleting the mdb databases all my games have descriptions and categories again. :)

Gameex uses SQL by default (so I believed) so it should work the other way round? Ie. if an SQL database is present, it will use then, otherwise default to the Access ones. Perhaps Tom can clarify?

I'm not sure why, it just wasn't showing me past the letter c or so. Might have just been a fluke, because MAME was working fine.

I would think so. There were a few renamed files in this release too that could make existing installs a bit messy.

That's why for this release I first emptied the GameEx directory, then installed this new version and finally added and overwrote every customized file (ini, cfg, images...).

Updated function logger coming shortly behind this, which includes all the new data and a couple bug fixes I noticed by accident. ;)

I will post the update for QuickLaunch in the downloads section and update the accepted variables to include the new data later on in the evening.

Thanks again to Tom for all his help on this. :)

• Like 1